Poor Girl's Freezer "Vacuum Bags"

Funny enough, I wrap in plastic wrap, then use butcher paper and wrap it up tight. Since I have butcher paper anyways, this allows for more efficient use of resources. Plus, I can use the butcher paper to light the chimney.

Funny enough, I wrap in plastic wrap, then use butcher paper and wrap it up tight. Since I have butcher paper anyways, this allows for more efficient use of resources. Plus, I can use the butcher paper to light the chimney.

Thanks, do you use lined butcher paper (i.e. freezer butcher paper) or do you use the plain butcher paper (like you would for brisket)

Unlined, the plastic takes the place of the lining, and lets me use the butcher paper to light the fire

When I lived In Ms I used to catch Catfish on a large scale 1-200 at a time I would put the fish in Gallon ZIp bags and fill with water and push out any air, The fish were frozen in the water, they would keep like fresh that way forever.

When I lived In Ms I used to catch Catfish on a large scale 1-200 at a time I would put the fish in Gallon ZIp bags and fill with water and push out any air, The fish were frozen in the water, they would keep like fresh that way forever.

Thanks for that tip! I might be buying a lot of catfish.

Before I was given a vac sealer for a birthday gift I used to take whatever food I had, place it in the bag, and then put the bag in a tub of water to push all the air out like dwfisk. Then I'd just close it up like that. Worked surprisingly well all things considered.
Gonna have to check out this wrapmaster. I use saran wrap a lot for bagging up baked goods for my family, and for sausages I'm wrapping up in butcher paper for the freezer.
I don't ever hold them long enough to justify vacuum sealing.

Back