Plowboy shown in first few minutes of BBQ Pitmasters tonight

Next Year's Winner was showcased on last nights episode. Well sort of. At least our banner was. When we found out that TLC was taping LeAnn, who was right behind us, we taped one of our big black banners accross the side of the trailer. It worked. We got a little air time whenever they showed Wood Chick's tent. Now I can tell people that Next Year's Winner appeared on the Pitmasters. and I won't be lying. Sort of...

I thought it was hilarious that the chicken and brisket that LeAnne's boyfriend supposedly overcooked were the two turn ins that placed the highest for her.

I thought it was hilarious that the chicken and brisket that LeAnne's boyfriend supposedly overcooked were the two turn ins that placed the highest for her.

I had never realized that dude could actually talk until last night and I sat with him for a while at the Royal.

I had to laugh at the guy that was helping Paul who said "I can taste the cherry."
Problem was, that rib didn't even have cherry rub on it.

In my opinion, no one has earned the right to act like a pissy little kid like (they make it seem) he does.

All the other contestants were talking about the experience of just being there and competing. His "I should just stayed closer to home and won" comment just didn't cut it for me.

But, the more I watch, the more I don't wanna compete. Looks like it takes all the fun out of Que'ing. But I'll definitely keep watching...

Me either.
I guess what Myron meant to say was... I'm going home to my mommy (sniff-sniff) :cry::cry::cry::cry:

I remember my first comp. I was as nervous as a whore in church! I was fumbling and rushing and shaking like a leaf when the guys set up next to me came over and said something that I'll never forget. "Relax, All we're doing here is making cheap meat taste expensive." That one comment put everything into perspective. Everyone I've met at a comp has been more than willing to help, give advice and even loan things to another competitor. Never have I met a cut-throat, "screw you" type of person at a BBQ comp.

I'd be more nervous if I was an "Altar Boy" these days!! :lol::lol::lol:

There is a thread around here, from a guy that has cooked for a few years now. He jumped in at the deep end; the American Royal Open. The wind started to take his 10x20 canopy and I'll give you one guess who ran to help him save it. Yep, Myron Mixon and his team.

You've formed your own opinion based on what you've seen on TV. That's fine and understandable. I know people that REALLY know the guy, and they have a different view.

That I believe. I have friends who play the grumbling tough guy role. But when the chips are down they are the first ones to lend a helping hand.

I liked last nights episode.
I really liked when they showcased that local team. I thought that was a great idea and hope they continue to do that.

-Mike

It just gets better every episode.
Marcus has a great plan and is executing it perfectly.

He did include another team this episode.
I thought that was cool.

As to Myron:
Anyone notice his interaction with the newer team?
That is the Myron I know.
He has always given me any help or advice I asked for.
And, no "cussing" when he was with them.
The language is obviously for the camera and story line.

The comments about "I should have stayed home...."
An event with almost 500 teams is nothing but a crapshoot, any way you look at it.
Well, I bet a whole bunch of the teams felt the same way after awards.
They just did not get a chance to say it on camera.
That is not whining, that is reality.

The LeAnn and boyfriend thing seems a bit contrived.
Gonna be interesting to see where he is taking that.

Gotta love Harry.
Missed Tuffy....

I am looking forward to the next one.

Good for BBQ, IMHO.

TIM

Smokehouse 72 got a few shots of Big Bob and Cookie walking around (same shot a few times).

Cookies wife shot me a text and said she saw us on there. I didn't catch it.
One of the better shows.
I noticed that 3 or the top 5 were from Iowa.:eusa_clap I don't know why we cook in this state with such great talent we have to go up against. :shock:

Actually not contrived at all. In her radio interview with Greg Lampe (BBQ Central) she said they broke up after this episode.

It was pretty obvious that she didn't have a lot of respect for him anymore, which is always the death knell in a relationship.

It looked like it cut both ways, they both seemed fed up with it. As for the local team, i would like to know if they did put in legs, and if maybe Myron was right about that idea.

Just to clarify....

I don't doubt the Myron they show on TV ain't the real Myron. I understand the idea of creative editing, and all that other TV stuff. But, I just can't make myself like the TV Myron.

And as far as my "not wanting to compete" remark. I definitely respect those of you who do compete. And I want to learn to Que like y'all do. But, I prefer to chill out and enjoy while Queing. Competition looks like a lot more work than I want barbeque to be...

And I'm still waiting for Paul to really win something and yell "It's in the hole..."

What did Paul end up with? 62nd in ribs out of 500 folks, man, it shows that he is not a complete rube, even with Johhny Triggs help, I could walk away with a 62 out of 500 and feel pretty good about my effort.

wood chicks needs to hire me to man her eggs. :biggrin:

i'm willing and able 8)

*could you imagine*

There is a thread around here, from a guy that has cooked for a few years now. He jumped in at the deep end; the American Royal Open. The wind started to take his 10x20 canopy and I'll give you one guess who ran to help him save it. Yep, Myron Mixon and his team.

You've formed your own opinion based on what you've seen on TV. That's fine and understandable. I know people that REALLY know the guy, and they have a different view.

As I understand it, that guy is now running for the KCBS board...

Glad to see Plowboy got his 3 seconds of fame. Did my heart good.

Mmmmmm that cherry rub tastes good.:rolleyes:

Back