Plowboy shown in first few minutes of BBQ Pitmasters tonight

Excellent episode. Glad to see paul pull up. He has done so poorly, it's great to see him pull out of that nose dive. As for myron......I like him. Is he a jerk? Sure. But he has earned that level of cocky.

In my opinion, no one has earned the right to act like a pissy little kid like (they make it seem) he does.

All the other contestants were talking about the experience of just being there and competing. His "I should just stayed closer to home and won" comment just didn't cut it for me.

But, the more I watch, the more I don't wanna compete. Looks like it takes all the fun out of Que'ing. But I'll definitely keep watching...

In my opinion, no one has earned the right to act like a pissy little kid like (they make it seem) he does.

All the other contestants were talking about the experience of just being there and competing. His "I should just stayed closer to home and won" comment just didn't cut it for me.

But, the more I watch, the more I don't wanna compete. Looks like it takes all the fun out of Que'ing. But I'll definitely keep watching...

Bro, the show is an over dramatized version of the real thing. Competition BBQ is filled with some of the nicest folks you could ever meet!!!

That was my favorite show. Good job Plowboy on your airtime! That is a huge farking competition. I'd like to try competing sometime in the future but it sure looks like alot of work. I hope this show never ends..... tear....

Great to see Todd at the beginning and to see the Boondoggle boys reaction was priceless. I screamed in front of the tv last night when I heard your name! Congrats to all you guys again!!

The Pitmaster show is getting better at showing the willingness to help each other. Did Myron not use the muffin pans? I can understand LeeAnn being exhausted, as I am sure we all can. Seems like a third person is needed on her team to help drive.

This latest episode is the best so far. Glad to see Todd make it on to the show.

If those of you with DVRs pause the show when they show Boondoggle winning and look behind them 2 rows and to the left, you will see the minority Brethren contingent at the Royal. Namely me!

If you fast forward to minute 23 and look about an inch from the right side, center screen during the sky shot of the contest you'll see a Port-o-john. I'm inside!!!!!!!

Smokehouse 72 got a few shots of Big Bob and Cookie walking around (same shot a few times).

Tippy Canoe - I was wondering how come they didn't pick you being Myron's neighbor, but then figured it was because you were also in the invitational and did more then just 2 comps a year.

Early got a nice shot of him carrying in his Blvd and brisket with Johnny Trigg.

Great shot of Todd on stage in crown and rope.

The Bigs - Dog n Mista got a little face time

GOOD TIMES!
Now I'm ready get back on the trail!

BTW did anyone catch when I think it was LeAnn's boyfriend opened up that egg and got a flashback shot at him?

Yes and I was watching with my wife, and I started laughing out loud. I then said out loud "Burp the egg, dumbass" and wife just looks at me and shakes her head with a "WTF" look.... I didnt even try and explain.

If you fast forward to minute 23 and look about an inch from the right side, center screen during the sky shot of the contest you'll see a Port-o-john. I'm inside!!!!!!!

If you zoom waaay out to the satellite view you'll see me on my back deck in Duvall wishing I was at that comp...:twisted:

Good show...I liked that Myron actually said some nice things about his neighbors...I liked it even better when they smoked him in chicken! :twisted:

Nice to see Paul move up in his game...he can thank Johnny all the way to the bank when he gets his first walk...:cool:

What I liked about this episode is that they made competition bbq look hard. The earlier episodes, while you see them working and keeping time, you don't see what happens when it all goes to heck in a handbasket.

I definitely couldn't be in charge of an operation like that. I can't even get myself to work on time. :)

Last nights episode is not available on line as of 11:49am. Just keep checking back & it will show up.

I remember my first comp. I was as nervous as a whore in church! I was fumbling and rushing and shaking like a leaf when the guys set up next to me came over and said something that I'll never forget. "Relax, All we're doing here is making cheap meat taste expensive." That one comment put everything into perspective. Everyone I've met at a comp has been more than willing to help, give advice and even loan things to another competitor. Never have I met a cut-throat, "screw you" type of person at a BBQ comp.

Last edited by a moderator:

There is a thread around here, from a guy that has cooked for a few years now. He jumped in at the deep end; the American Royal Open. The wind started to take his 10x20 canopy and I'll give you one guess who ran to help him save it. Yep, Myron Mixon and his team.

You've formed your own opinion based on what you've seen on TV. That's fine and understandable. I know people that REALLY know the guy, and they have a different view.

Back