THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Toxins are chemicals...can't kill chemicals...ya ever shot bleach..it still cleans afterwards ;) not that I have ever.....

But yea...toxins are chemical by products not living cells therefore cannot be "killed" they will remain

when you say shot, do you mean like a drink? like a shot of whiskey?

LOL, jk

If it is important to store and cool food fast, then how does one serve, lets say, a rib roast. you dont want cold rib roast. So im guessing it is importanat to keep it warm somehow with out the meat cooking any further. How does one keep the rib roast warm but still at medium rare?

tahnks

Okay, if you are interested, then you must certainly understand that all elements consist of organic and non-organic chemicals, that is to say carbon based and non-carbon based. This includes living organisms. Thus, when organisms such as bacteria die, their constituent chemicals break down. These chemical can go into solution in chemical compounds that end up being toxic to life. It has a lot to do with the development of toxic protein compounds, some of which are heat stable.

I would suggest searching for toxins+bacteria+food+poisoning

Okay, if you are interested, then you must certainly understand that all elements consist of organic and non-organic chemicals, that is to say carbon based and non-carbon based. This includes living organisms. Thus, when organisms such as bacteria die, their constituent chemicals break down. These chemical can go into solution in chemical compounds that end up being toxic to life. It has a lot to do with the development of toxic protein compounds, some of which are heat stable.

I would suggest searching for toxins+bacteria+food+poisoning

AH YEAH, this is the stuff i LOVE. I love learning the science of why things do what they do. I thank you VERY VERY much.

Do you have a degree in science or some sort of background in chemistry?

ok so i have found out that staph produces toxins. Now do ALL bacteria produce toxins or is it only certain ones?

thankx

thats right, stump the landarc.

Ok so i have a second question, what should i do with the cooking pan that had the chili rojo in it that i throw out? if boiling does not break the bonds of the toxins binding to the water and food particles, then my pan must be contaminated..

Bleach....:) a couple shots should do ....bwahahahaha...that came full turn...c'mon gotta admit that's funny

HAHAHA thats AWESOME right there. shots like a shot of whiskey? HAHA jk. so your sayin use a toxin to break apart and wash away toxins?

ok sounds good. Thats like drinking alchehol to break the addiction of alchehol

Did you take a HACCP course? If you did you should know that boiling does take care of the bacteria, but NOT the toxins. The toxins is what makes you sick or can kill. If I was in a restaurant I might use the 2 stage, but when I was I used an ice paddle. When you are vending its impractical to use the 2 stage. I take all meat from warming box and put in 2.5 gal baggies and layer them in my coolers with ice between. Course this time of year when the temps are in teens you can start by laying the bags on the table out of the sun. MOHO with 40+ years as a cert Chef

what does HACCP have to do with a guy who leaves out his dinner last night? vending and restaurant work have nothing to do with his question. i feel that too many people are way too concerned with holding temps when they dont need to be. most people on this forum arent holding at any temp, they cook it and they eat it. I'll bet that teaching the holding temp isnt as useful as teaching the proper way to cool the food that their freezing. i cant tell you the last time i went to a friends house and they were temping the food they cooked for me. believe me dude in know that toxins arent killed by boiling and you dont need a haccp course to get that info. dont forget that im not the one eating chili that someone left on the counter top for the last 2 days.

I would suggest you wash the pot, I use dishwashing soap not bleach. In fact, bleach is not a cleansing agent, it is a disinfecting and bleaching agent. A proper cleansing agent is soap. Yes, oddly, soap is used to clean things.

I am not a scientist, although I know a chemist, who geeks out on me from time to time. Actually, my sister and brother have science backgrounds as well. I draw pictures of trees and pavement. But, I love to read about science and food and food. What else did you ask?

I would suggest you wash the pot, I use dishwashing soap not bleach. In fact, bleach is not a cleansing agent, it is a disinfecting and bleaching agent. A proper cleansing agent is soap. Yes, oddly, soap is used to clean things.

I am not a scientist, although I know a chemist, who geeks out on me from time to time. Actually, my sister and brother have science backgrounds as well. I draw pictures of trees and pavement. But, I love to read about science and food and food. What else did you ask?

LOL, i know to wash the pan but wont that just spread the toxins around? Soap is antibacterial but i assume not anti toxin unless the smeicals in soap can break covalient bonds. But i thouhgt only heat could break those types of bonds. maybe its not covalient im thinking of.

But yeah, i thought soap would just spread the toxins around. Though, most i imagine will be washed away. haha

OHHH, you like to read eh? i wish i could do that. i CANT STAND to read books unless i HAVE TO for school.

your a civil engineer then?

what does HACCP have to do with a guy who leaves out his dinner last night? vending and restaurant work have nothing to do with his question. i feel that too many people are way too concerned with holding temps when they dont need to be. most people on this forum arent holding at any temp, they cook it and they eat it. I'll bet that teaching the holding temp isnt as useful as teaching the proper way to cool the food that their freezing. i cant tell you the last time i went to a friends house and they were temping the food they cooked for me. believe me dude in know that toxins arent killed by boiling and you dont need a haccp course to get that info. dont forget that im not the one eating chili that someone left on the counter top for the last 2 days.
It refers to your answers. Seems you have a place of your own and you worry about 2 stage cooling and NOT holding temps is why I suggest a HACCP course. If you are funning people, this is probably not the thread to do it on as there seems to be alot of people on here whom don't know and with your expertise, you should be a great asset to the backyard guys.

Actually, no, the soap will not break down the toxins. The soap will break the surface tension of the contaminants sitting on the dirty pan, allowing them to be washed away. It has nothing to do with covalent bonds. In combination with an abrasive, which physically removes the contaminants that you no doubt now have allowed to dry onto the pan. The soap then allows for complete rinsing. Sometimes a bar of soap is just a bar of soap, and not an invitation to have sex.

Sometimes a bar of soap is just a bar of soap, and not an invitation to have sex.

Thanx but i all ready have a girlfriend. haha jk

Never heard this quote so im having a rough time seeing the relation. forgive me of my blinders my good friend

@pyles BBQ: yup, 2 cups of chili.

Back