pizza dough crust test tonight with friends

And can you PLEASE convince Tom B that we need a super pizza peel. I want one so badly. Maybe for Xmas. He say it is just a gimmick and not worth $40 or $50 which is what amazon prime has it for.
I am looking at amazon prime and there is a wood one for $55 and a metal one for $ 57 which one is better?

What more can I say about the Super Peel than I already have? Reread my review:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=234522

I have the XL model, as it is 16 inches wide, which is the same diameter as the BS bottom stone, which means you can get up to a 15 inch pie into the BS oven. The smaller Super peels are 14 inches wide.

I have the same question as above.

Mrs. B thanks for the report on your experiments.

Another question: does anyone use a pizza screen on their Blackstone?

Thanks,

Robert

You certainly can, but using a screen changes the quality and character of the crust, and not to my liking, either. Think of it this way: when you use a screen, the entire surface area of the bottom part of your pie never makes contact with the cooking stone. It also takes time for the screen to heat up, so the top part of your pizza will be more done than the bottom. This to me is too high a price to pay for the benefit of having a perfectly shaped pizza with toppings intact.

What more can I say about the Super Peel than I already have? Reread my review:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=234522

I have the XL model, as it is 16 inches wide, which is the same diameter as the BS bottom stone, which means you can get up to a 15 inch pie into the BS oven. The smaller Super peels are 14 inches wide.

Moose,

Thanks for the responses. A couple more questions: for the Blackstone--14" or 16" and wood, aluminum or composite?

Thanks,

Robert

Moose,

Thanks for the responses. A couple more questions: for the Blackstone--14" or 16" and wood, aluminum or composite?

Thanks,

Robert

Robert,

I think I answered that question in my earlier response - if you want to take advantage of the 16 inch BS stone surface, the XL Super Peel is the way to go, which is an aluminum peel with a cherry handle if I remember correctly. :thumb:

Why are you doing that to me those pizzas look awesome making me hungry

Robert,

I think I answered that question in my earlier response - if you want to take advantage of the 16 inch BS stone surface, the XL Super Peel is the way to go, which is an aluminum peel with a cherry handle if I remember correctly. :thumb:

Thanks Moose. I guess I just didn't comprehend what you were trying to say.

Thanks,

Robert

I learned how to make the best thin crust pizza in the world from a small pizza place in West Virginia start out by making pizza dough then spread dough on pizza pan place in oven bake at 450 degrees till almost done remove from oven place on your favorite toppings place back in oven until cheese melts makes your pizza dough crispy best pizza I ever ate

FWIW I have both the 16 and 14" peels and I prefer the 14. I make a couple different kind of pies, American which is bigger 15-16" range, and far heavier pizzas. And then Neopolitan which is less then half the weight of American and 10-12". Maybe I haven't mastered the Super Peel yet but I found the 16" to be almost too big to operate in the Blackstone. I screwed up a few in the beginning. I use parchment paper for the bigger pizzas are remove it after about a minute of cooking.

I use the smaller composite Super Peel for Neo pies and it works awesome. Just be sure to turn the heat way down and stop the BS from spinning before launch.

Now to answer another question. Last night I also made pizza and used an American style crust I've used in the BS, except last night I did it on a screen and in the oven. It was no contest, the BS produces way better pizzas.

Lastly, I have used my BS more then once in the garage, just be sure to crack a door. It's no different then running a turkey fryer which we've also done plenty times in the garage. Be smart and have a little ventilation.

Back