Pig shots

jsperk

Babbling Farker
Made some pig shots.

Is it just me or are they a pain in the ass to make? Maybe I need to cut the meat thicker. The bacon flops over and makes it a pain in the ass to fill.

I used sour cream and chive cream cheese. They were really good but wish I added some chopped jalapeno's

Last edited:
^^^ - Took the words right out of my mouth.

When I DO make them, I wonder why (oh why)... but then they cook and we eat... and I remember.

Some of you schooled me in the art of hiding something inside the "shot" before the cream cheese application... a jalapeño slice... a baby shrimp... a tiny pineapple wedge... whatever.

Genius.

Now, you folks are making me have a serious hankerin' for them...

Yep! Lots of work but DANG they're awesome!

Gotta make a batch for Easter Sunday appetizers!

^^^ - Took the words right out of my mouth.

When I DO make them, I wonder why (oh why)... but then they cook and we eat... and I remember.

Some of you schooled me in the art of hiding something inside the "shot" before the cream cheese application... a jalapeño slice... a baby shrimp... a tiny pineapple wedge... whatever.

Genius.

Now, you folks are making me have a serious hankerin' for them...

Great idea, especially with the jalapeno's.

I don't how everyone makes them look so neat a perfect. I struggled with them but they are so good.

They are a bit of a pain to make, but buying thick cut "butcher" bacon will help a lot. And yeah, a jalapeno absolutely makes them much better. Yours look good though!

Looking good. I like to keep the bacon in the fridge and only pull out a slice or two at a time. I find when the bacon starts warming up is when it gets sloppy. When i pull out the next two or three slices i put the pig shots that i just made back into the fridge so the bacon stays cold and firm. Pull all the pig shots out of fridge at once, shoot full of stuffing then back into the fridge till smoker time.

They are a pain, but oh so delicious. Yes, thick cut bacon helps. Since the cream cheese filling expands when smoked, I suggest not filling them all the way up.

It's been too long since I made these...

That's a great idea! Thanks!

Back