Pig Shots? No! Cow Shots!

Swine Spectator

is Blowin Smoke!
Name or Nickame
David
So I can't allow the "Chef Snacks" TD to go un-entered. I needed something new. So, I was at the grocery store and found this:

Beef Bacon! Yes!
picture.php

What do I have in the fridge? A half block of cream cheese and some crumbled bleu cheese. Yes, I have a plan.
picture.php

I cleaned some mushrooms:
picture.php

I mixed the cream cheese and bleu cheese into a paste with Old Bay Hot Sauce. Then I made cow shots and topped them with blue cheese crumbles.
picture.php

Bleu cheese and beef bacon are already salty, but I added some fresh ground black pepper.
picture.php

I grilled pork chops for dinner. When the chops came off, I put the Cow Shots on the back end to roast.
picture.php

After dinner, I plated them while the bleu cheese was still bubbling:
picture.php

I wish y'all could taste them, they were delicious!

Those look good Adams. This got me thinking, Pork belly bacon is expensive. Im thinking of making my own bacon slabs out of pork Picnic roasts when they are under $0.99/lb. Quick cure time since you can mix it into the ground pork. And you can control the amount of fat to add.

Just to clarify, i'm not talking about buckboard bacon. Im talking about grinding and pressing pork into slabs with cure and seasoning added into the grind, then smoking.

Back