THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well here it is folks all pulled and sauced with what I now know to be Eastern N.C. vinegar sauce. I think I must have mixed in a little too much because it was tasting a little too acidic, but I mellowed it by mixing in some Cane Syrup.

uploadfromtaptalk1309479400670.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1309479434411.jpg

Will be bringing it to my Tarheel buddy in just a bit. Hopefully I get a passing grade!

And we have a verdict! My Buddy says that I nailed N.C. pulled pork! I forgot about the coleslaw but its all good he said he hates coleslaw lol!

As for me I am stuffed!

Awesome job!!! How long did the original basket of coal run. 18lbs total? I just finished eating but I am hungry again.:clap2:

I think I could have finished with just the one 18lb bag but I had to leave for a while and didn't want to run out so I dumped in another 8 or so lbs.

BTW I used Sam's Choice briquettes. They may not be great for grilling, but they rock for low and slow!

Wow that looks great. I have to do a whole shoulder soon.

Now I need to decide what large cut to tackle next.

Clod anyone????

Farkin' a right! That was my first thought after my first whole shoulder. I say do it! I'm going to next time we have a large gathering. :thumb:

Excellent, excellent job sir - you nailed it! :clap2:

Back