Overnighter: My First Whole Shoulder

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

The only problem is I ain't gonna get to eat any of it!

Well here it is folks all pulled and sauced with what I now know to be Eastern N.C. vinegar sauce. I think I must have mixed in a little too much because it was tasting a little too acidic, but I mellowed it by mixing in some Cane Syrup.

uploadfromtaptalk1309479400670.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1309479434411.jpg

Will be bringing it to my Tarheel buddy in just a bit. Hopefully I get a passing grade!

And we have a verdict! My Buddy says that I nailed N.C. pulled pork! I forgot about the coleslaw but its all good he said he hates coleslaw lol!

As for me I am stuffed!

Awesome job!!! How long did the original basket of coal run. 18lbs total? I just finished eating but I am hungry again.:clap2:

Awesome job!!! How long did the original basket of coal run. 18lbs total? I just finished eating but I am hungry again.:clap2:

I think I could have finished with just the one 18lb bag but I had to leave for a while and didn't want to run out so I dumped in another 8 or so lbs.

BTW I used Sam's Choice briquettes. They may not be great for grilling, but they rock for low and slow!

Wow that looks great. I have to do a whole shoulder soon.

Now I need to decide what large cut to tackle next.

Clod anyone????

Farkin' a right! That was my first thought after my first whole shoulder. I say do it! I'm going to next time we have a large gathering. :thumb:

Excellent, excellent job sir - you nailed it! :clap2:

Back