THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A pit with a bad firebox is no joy to use, temperatures will never be consistent. That is a tiny firebox. I would keep my gun and cash. Save up and get a decent cooker. If you can weld, and can find the sheet metal for cheap, then maybe.

Yes the fire box is to small. All I did was add another intake draft on mine under the grate in the fire box and now mine wants to run over 300 all the time. ( if you check out downhome q thred on building a small hot fire this will help also) The only leaks I had on mine was at the door which was easily fixed with high temp felt. I can't tell the thing is on the back of my truck while towing and moving by hand is cake the way they have it balanced. I got mine from a dealer in Cincinnatti so I'm not real sure which make I have but there is no leaks at the welds. I Think that if your looking for a smoker that you can haul and cook a s*%# ton of bbq on it's a pretty fair trade. Straight up would be even better if you have to pay someone to cut you out a new damper!

Back