Opinion of Firebox Size

A pit with a bad firebox is no joy to use, temperatures will never be consistent. That is a tiny firebox. I would keep my gun and cash. Save up and get a decent cooker. If you can weld, and can find the sheet metal for cheap, then maybe.

Yes the fire box is to small. All I did was add another intake draft on mine under the grate in the fire box and now mine wants to run over 300 all the time. ( if you check out downhome q thred on building a small hot fire this will help also) The only leaks I had on mine was at the door which was easily fixed with high temp felt. I can't tell the thing is on the back of my truck while towing and moving by hand is cake the way they have it balanced. I got mine from a dealer in Cincinnatti so I'm not real sure which make I have but there is no leaks at the welds. I Think that if your looking for a smoker that you can haul and cook a s*%# ton of bbq on it's a pretty fair trade. Straight up would be even better if you have to pay someone to cut you out a new damper!

Back