Open Faced Salmon & Bacon Sammie

Rick,
Without opening the link I can tell you that the color is added, that the meat tastes like crap, they use peelets to feed the fish and that there are pcbs in the food, farmed salmon do not have very much omega 3 fatty acid if at all,......................... need I continue?
Fresh or not at all is what my tongue tells me!

Coz,
You are killing me! 5 for the limit??? Good God that is sweet. We have a 2 fish limit and even with 3 of us in my boat we are usually done in an hour. That pic is of a nice early season 22 pounder and the later the season goes the bigger. September before last I had a #38 & #46 just outside the Golden Gate. Last season was dismal. 40 boated and not one keeper.

Plowboy,
BUSH? We never know which way he will swing for us even though he is an avid fisherman. Too much big money for him to resist and I am certain I would fold under the pressure as well.
Our problem is the California Department of Fish & Game. Major mismanagement of our hatchery releases and influence by the same whacks that are trying to close our oceans and then there is the water being pumped from the Northern California Delta for water in Southern California and it is effecting the health of the Delta and the rivers which effect the salmon runs.

I am finally going to break loose and get out for a litle halibut fishing next week. It is about time I took my boat out of the driveway. My fellow Coastside Fishing Club members refer to me as "The Driveway Fisherman" or "Concrete Captain".
Did not want to say the salmon looked bad or anything just wanted to brag about how it used to be here. The sandwich is making me Jones for some salmon right now.

Plowboy,
I usually use Alder & lump coal for doing my salmon. Brine for 24 hours and pat dry then smoke at 180-200 degrees till she is firm and has a nice glazed look to it.

You farkers are making me hungry!!

Fish, yes. I think it's gonna be Bonefish Grill tonight.

Lookin good, Todd!

I don't think that includes Native fishing?

You are right Brian. You guys will probably have a season . The closure right now is from the mouth of the Columbia River in northern Oregon to the Mexico Border. Alaska will be getting only 48% of there allotment of there annual chinook salmon take and that includes the lodges and party boats (Both commercial & recreational takes).
Hopefully you Washington guys have a good season although this collapse seems to be occurring all up & down the West Coast.

I try not to rant about the American Indian harvests but they are actually involved in this to ensure that conservation is being done to preserve their interests too. I will be interesting to see what they actually do.

Back