Open a BBQ restaurant, they said. It will be fun, they said

Now that's an interesting idea!

And here she is. So beautiful!

w8q5v9.jpg

104rmus.jpg

I think with a little Brethren ingenuity and generosity this could actually happen!

Brethren Relay, anyone???

I think with a little Brethren ingenuity and generosity this could actually happen!

Brethren Relay, anyone???

A relay is a great suggestion, but looking at those pics, it would be hard to guarantee Jeremy that he would ever get the new smoker (or at least before Christmas) ... everyone will want to keep it for themselves

Excellent work Paul/Tyler - as always!

A relay is a great suggestion, but looking at those pics, it would be hard to guarantee Jeremy that he would ever get the new smoker (or at least before Christmas) ... everyone will want to keep it for themselves

Excellent work Paul/Tyler - as always!
Maybe a cook at every stop?

That smoker should take care of your capacity problems. You won't get any sleep, but at least you won't run out of meat anymore. :wink:

Big pimpin' at the pig tonight. 10 minutes after closing a limo pulls in. About a dozen people pile out and they say they want to buy everything we have left. Thankfully we had a little bit still and we prepared them an epic feast. Don't know who they were or what the occasion was, but that's a hell of a way to close out a Wednesday night.

71h24i.jpg

Well, I joined the forum yesterday afternoon after reading the first 115 pages, and I just finished the rest this morning. Work? Who cares about work when I can read about something like this! Awesome adventure, I'm glad I found this place and was able to read all about your struggles and successes. Good luck to you!

How deep

Do you have to plant them tanks you wonder to get them to grow!? lol I noticed them in the background too. Might be why I can't find one for myself! lol

Awesome looking cooker!!! Drool

This garage sale nonsense kicked our ass today. I had no idea it was such a big deal. Even with cramming a little extra meat on this morning, we were sold out of all the small cuts by about 1. And even blew through about 80% of the day's allotted pork. Thankfully we put a few more buts and brisket on first thing this morning which helped come dinner time, but even that didn't last long.

So it was a record Friday, and if you don't count the day we ran the concession trailer alongside the restaurant, it was an overall record.

Saturday is shaping up to be unreal. It will be the busiest day of the garage sale event so I expect the restaurant to be crazy again, but on top of that we're doing concessions off-site. Between the two, will probably have about 10 people working, many for 12 hour shifts. This is going to be the ultimate test.

I already need a nap.

En route to Chicago from Northern Michigan for business, I just had to stop in at The Prized Pig. Called a day ahead to check on when they usually run out to make sure I would be as to get there in time. Placed my order of brisket and burnt ends just to be safe. Drove today 80 mph whenever I could to get there as fast as I could with a purposely planned empty stomach. Arrived and met Jeremy within the first minute. The place is perfect, Jeremy was an exceptional host, and the brisket and burnt ends were way more than worth it. I literally inhaled them, almost forgetting the sides. When my eyeballs wandered off the meat, my first bit of mac-n-cheese included a huge hunk of bacon. The slaw was perhaps the best I've had, having grown up hating it but now enjoying it while being very particular about it. The cornbread was perfect, just the right amount of sweetness.

Jeremy was great to talk with, a truly gracious host that easily exudes the pride he has taken to get the establishment successfully going. As I said, heading to Chitown on business, this will easily be the highlight of my trip. Just wish they were open on Monday when I head back.

If you haven't already brethren, it is well worth the stop. Congratulations Jeremy on your wonderful place and success. Can't wait to get down there again, hopefully with more of a crew and more time to chat.

This garage sale nonsense kicked our ass today. I had no idea it was such a big deal. Even with cramming a little extra meat on this morning, we were sold out of all the small cuts by about 1. And even blew through about 80% of the day's allotted pork. Thankfully we put a few more buts and brisket on first thing this morning which helped come dinner time, but even that didn't last long.

So it was a record Friday, and if you don't count the day we ran the concession trailer alongside the restaurant, it was an overall record.

Saturday is shaping up to be unreal. It will be the busiest day of the garage sale event so I expect the restaurant to be crazy again, but on top of that we're doing concessions off-site. Between the two, will probably have about 10 people working, many for 12 hour shifts. This is going to be the ultimate test.

I already need a nap.

Off course now we all want to know how Saturday went!!!! Update us when you can!!!

Good luck! Hope it flies for you... I've wanted to do it for years. Am considering getting my feet wet by doing some weekend catering. I've got a buddy that owns a local pub, and he likes my product really well. He's open to the idea of collaborating with me. There's not a lot of competition in this part of Wisconsin, but the interest level seems pretty strong. Response/ feedback from the catering should be instructive-

Back