THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just another opinion. Since I moved to the Delaware shore, I HATE Old Bay!!! They put it on EVERYTHING down here, to the point that the smell of it sickens me. And I do mean everything. Chips, burgers, fries, pizza, everything. Also, I found that Chesapeake Bay Seasoning was WAY better before I lost my taste for "Bay" stuff in general. I use Cajun seasoning in it's place with much better results. Anyway, just my humble opinion. I can't be the only one who doesn't care for it......

Just another opinion. Since I moved to the Delaware shore, I HATE Old Bay!!! They put it on EVERYTHING down here, to the point that the smell of it sickens me. And I do mean everything. Chips, burgers, fries, pizza, everything. Also, I found that Chesapeake Bay Seasoning was WAY better before I lost my taste for "Bay" stuff in general. I use Cajun seasoning in it's place with much better results. Anyway, just my humble opinion. I can't be the only one who doesn't care for it......

I feel the opposite. Old bay is much milder then Chesapeake Bay or Phiilip's seasoning. I find i can go heavy with old bay where Phillip's has too much spices like clove, allspice, ect, ect that really get to me. When i do a crab boil, I use Old Bay exclusively.

Thats another one. I do like cajun seasoning for boils, but it has to be cheap brands like spice classics. I find the more well known brands are too spicy.

While I don't "hate" Old Bay, I usually go the cajun route too. :thumb:

Thanks for the heads up Bruce. I'll definitely look for the sauce here. :-D

Seafood boils call for Zatarain's liquid and granular seasoning here.
I buy the liquid in gallon jugs.

My Sweetie calls it "crab oil" just to push my button! :mad:

I've been walking by this stuff for awhile now. It always looked intriguing but I don't need anymore hot sauces. Of course this thread egged me on and I grabbed a bottle. Not sure when I'll use it. Sounds ideal for my next catfish fry.

Back