Old Bay hot sauce

Just another opinion. Since I moved to the Delaware shore, I HATE Old Bay!!! They put it on EVERYTHING down here, to the point that the smell of it sickens me. And I do mean everything. Chips, burgers, fries, pizza, everything. Also, I found that Chesapeake Bay Seasoning was WAY better before I lost my taste for "Bay" stuff in general. I use Cajun seasoning in it's place with much better results. Anyway, just my humble opinion. I can't be the only one who doesn't care for it......

Just another opinion. Since I moved to the Delaware shore, I HATE Old Bay!!! They put it on EVERYTHING down here, to the point that the smell of it sickens me. And I do mean everything. Chips, burgers, fries, pizza, everything. Also, I found that Chesapeake Bay Seasoning was WAY better before I lost my taste for "Bay" stuff in general. I use Cajun seasoning in it's place with much better results. Anyway, just my humble opinion. I can't be the only one who doesn't care for it......

I feel the opposite. Old bay is much milder then Chesapeake Bay or Phiilip's seasoning. I find i can go heavy with old bay where Phillip's has too much spices like clove, allspice, ect, ect that really get to me. When i do a crab boil, I use Old Bay exclusively.

Thats another one. I do like cajun seasoning for boils, but it has to be cheap brands like spice classics. I find the more well known brands are too spicy.

While I don't "hate" Old Bay, I usually go the cajun route too. :thumb:

Thanks for the heads up Bruce. I'll definitely look for the sauce here. :-D

Seafood boils call for Zatarain's liquid and granular seasoning here.
I buy the liquid in gallon jugs.

My Sweetie calls it "crab oil" just to push my button! :mad:

I've been walking by this stuff for awhile now. It always looked intriguing but I don't need anymore hot sauces. Of course this thread egged me on and I grabbed a bottle. Not sure when I'll use it. Sounds ideal for my next catfish fry.

Back