Off the trash pile

DannyMac

Full Fledged Farker
Just pulled a three burner Weber gasser with side burner of a trash pile at 10:30p.m. Looks like it needs some work. I'll post a picture tomorrow to prove it happened.

This thing has about a good 1/4 inch of grease all over the inside. Can anybody recommend a good degreaser?

Have you fired it up? You may want to make sure everything works before you put too much time into it.

I guess you are just far more motivated than I would be :laugh: You could probably add a bit more to that price, and get a new one. Good luck either way :thumb:

Neighbor gave me one that looks like that, needs the gas pipe from front to rear burners, cleaning, etc. It is a 2 burner Silver. I'll paint the trim, has cast iron grates. Should clean up like new, makes my 7th weber. I think I have a problem. Hm:crazy:

Take a pressure washer to it first then at home depot you can get ZEP commercial degreaser. Good stuff.

That is an oldy but goody for a gasser. Nice score.

Great score.:clap2: With a couple of bucks and some TLC you'll have a grill that will last for years. I bought mine new in 1999, and it's still going strong, although it doesn't get used near as much since since I rescued and restored my Performer.

I guess you are just far more motivated than I would be :laugh: You could probably add a bit more to that price, and get a new one. Good luck either way :thumb:
I believe the equivalent new model would be the e-320 and sells for $550. :becky:

I'm jealous, I've been looking for a cheap or free one for a saturday afternoon fixer-upper for a while!

I believe the equivalent new model would be the e-320 and sells for $550. :becky:

I'm jealous, I've been looking for a cheap or free one for a saturday afternoon fixer-upper for a while!

I would say an E-320 would be quite an upgrade, wouldn't you? I was not meaning it would be a new Weber, but a new grill that would be similar. Like I said, you guys are far more ambitious/excited about these junk pile finds than I :wink: (not that there's anything wrong with that).

Back