Off the trash pile

I would say an E-320 would be quite an upgrade, wouldn't you? I was not meaning it would be a new Weber, but a new grill that would be similar. Like I said, you guys are far more ambitious/excited about these junk pile finds than I :wink: (not that there's anything wrong with that).
Heh I think some of us weber heads would just rather have $100 in a refurbed rescued old weber than a new $200 grill from walmart. For me its something about the quality. The new $200 grill at walmart is just a few seasons from the junk pile, the weber will be ready for another 15 years with a little TLC. I don't see many rescued brinkmanns or uniflames.

And yes we may be :crazy:

That aint grease, that's gravy!

Or to paraphrase my lunch lady from school, "that ain't grease, that's seasoning." Here's some before and after photos of the initial washdown. I'm trying to determine whether I'm at the point of removing seasoning instead of grease. As you may be able to tell from the photos, there was a thick layer of grease. Now that its off, I'm wondering if I should stop or try to get down further. Still don't know if the burners work or not. So far I'm into this for $2.98 for some greased lightning.

Attachments

• IMG_2508.jpg
    IMG_2508.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_2509.jpg
    IMG_2509.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_2510.jpg
    IMG_2510.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_2512.jpg
    IMG_2512.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_2513.jpg
    IMG_2513.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
naw, clean it completely and do yer own seasoning. they really don't need seasoning even when new, just look better !

Starting to look good Danny! I picked one of those off curb for free two years ago and cleaned 'er up real nice...looks almost new now. I took a soft wire wheel to the hood and it polished up real good (do the same to my kettles annually). Cleaned out all the burners and everything else and she runs like a top.

This guy made me some SS Flavorizor bars...http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/for/2333439341.html and I threw in CI Grates.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Nice find.

She's a Beaut! Been keeping my eyes peeled for something similar so my wife has something else to yell at me about :)

Have fun bringin' the ol' girl back to life.

You ain't kidding! My wife started complaining that the yard was starting to look like Sanford and Son. She is unable to perceive the inherent beauty of a grill garden.

Gettin' there.

Still a little ways to go. I am making progress. Here's a few pics.

Attachments

• IMG_2529.jpg
    IMG_2529.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_2533.jpg
    IMG_2533.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Back