Not Q..... My G-ma & mom's crawfish bisque

WOW!! That looks insane!! That is my kind of grub right there. I live on the Gulf coast so I can really appreciate the bisque. Awesome job!!

i got misty when i saw the picture of the stuffed heads. it's these extra steps that make memories. someday my kids will have memories about stuffed crayfish heads and i will tell them about you and and your Mom's recipe! the spoon reminded me about my grandmothers knifes that i have in my basement. i have always thought that i would just save them but having read this i think i will put them to use from time to time. Thanks!!!

Thanks Jeanie!

Being an ignorant northerner I had never tried crawfish until I was in my 30's, just a few years ago.:shock: Never heard of stuffed crawfish heads until your post. They look and sound fantastic with the bisque! Great pics!

John

OMG!!!! I'd hit that something hard and fierce!!! That truly is a labor of love and I bet Mom's spoon added that little extra to it! Jeanie, you are my favorite!:thumb:

Bob

Thank you for the kind comments friends!

That is such an incredible meal jeanie! Thanks for posting the recipe!

I also enjoyed the story about your family and the spoon.
I have cookware from my mother and grandmother!

Short story. (sorry for the hijack)

My grandmother was the head cook for a live-in missionary school for 25 years when I was growing up. To get to go stay the weekend there and watch my grandma cook for 50+ missionaries in the kitchen are some of my best childhood memories.

Their schools kitchen is now named after my grandma! :biggrin1:

Ray, that is awesome!!! Your Grandmother sounds like an amazing woman! To be able to cook for so many day after day is no small feat and I'm sure her food was delicious too! I would have loved to follow her around for a weekend. Great story Ray, thank you!! :hug:

Thank you Shiz, Zilla, SGH and Toast!! :-D

Sausage Warrior, thanks so much! The stuffing is great on it's own. Good luck with it!

i got misty when i saw the picture of the stuffed heads. it's these extra steps that make memories. someday my kids will have memories about stuffed crayfish heads and i will tell them about you and and your Mom's recipe! the spoon reminded me about my grandmothers knifes that i have in my basement. i have always thought that i would just save them but having read this i think i will put them to use from time to time. Thanks!!!

Rookiedad, you are so kind, thank you! I hope you do make this sometime. It is a labor of love but worth the effort.
Hope you use those knives in the basement too. I bet your Grandmother would love it!
I have some ancient wine glasses that belonged to my great grandma, I need to get one out and use it. I bet she would approve. :)

Decoy, thank you!! I still want to hold out for a fishing/hunting/cooking show. :becky:

Thanks Jeanie!

Being an ignorant northerner I had never tried crawfish until I was in my 30's, just a few years ago.:shock: Never heard of stuffed crawfish heads until your post. They look and sound fantastic with the bisque! Great pics!

John

John, I hope you give it a try sometime! Keep me posted if you do. Thanks! :-D

Thank you Bob, Supertramp and Ron! :-D

You kill me cowgirl! Looks great as usual! Nothing like food that brings back fond memories! I wish I was into cooking while my grandmother was around. I would love to spur memories over her biscuits and honey.....

You kill me cowgirl! Looks great as usual! Nothing like food that brings back fond memories! I wish I was into cooking while my grandmother was around. I would love to spur memories over her biscuits and honey.....

Man that sounds good Bly, I bet your grandmother's hot biscuits with honey was melt-in-your-mouth good! That would be a full meal for me, no meat or side dishes needed, just biscuits and honey.
Thanks for the kind comment Bly!

Jeanie
All I can say is WOW! that looks sooooooooooo GOOD!
I have saved the recipe now to find the crawdads in bulk....We have 'em in the creeks around here it will take awhile to catch enough.
Family is always #1
I don't have a mom's "burnt spoon" but I have her silver engraved soup ladle. It always showed up on special occasions...

Thanks.

Beautiful Mud Bug dish. Would like to have a bowl of that right now with a ghost pepper hot sauce I have on top.

Thanks so much Neil!

Jeanie
All I can say is WOW! that looks sooooooooooo GOOD!
I have saved the recipe now to find the crawdads in bulk....We have 'em in the creeks around here it will take awhile to catch enough.
Family is always #1
I don't have a mom's "burnt spoon" but I have her silver engraved soup ladle. It always showed up on special occasions...

Thanks.
Rick it's good to see ya. Hope all is well on your end of the world! :-D
Glad to hear you're using your Mom's ladle. I bet it brings back good memories and adds "love" to the pot too.
Thank you for the nice comment. :-D

Wow, Jeanie! That is one hell of a process and one hell of a great looking bowl!!! Thanks for sharing!

I thought Ive eaten crawfish just about everyway there is to eat them and then you show us this stuffed head thing!! That's amazing!!!

Looks fantastic! How do you season the crawfish when you first boil them, or are they precooked when you get them at the store?

Ed

Back