THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

dwfisk

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Name or Nickame
Dave
We are getting ready for my oldest son's wedding in a couple weeks and his younger brother Mac has desert duty for the rehearsal dinner - creme brulee for 25-30. My wife came up with what I think is a great idea, make the creme brulee in little 1/2 cup (4 oz) canning jars that she uses to make pepper jelly. Tonight Mac did a test run.

Just a pretty standard creme brulee recipe, but cooked in individual canning jars. For those that have never tried it you make the custard then cook in a water bath. The canning jars worked great.

2014-03-06192927_zpsfe9f7c2c.jpg

Always gotta have some burned sugar!

2014-03-06193135_zps791d684e.jpg

We left a little room at the top of each, our thought will be to have a creme brulee desert bar with a variety of fresh fruit, chocolate, liquors or whatever so folks can experiment.

Added benefit of doing them in the canning jars is a good sealing top to throw extras (like there might be any:roll:) in the freezer.

2014-03-06190444_zps95fdc26b.jpg

Thanks for watching

Dave that's a great idea, looks delicious too! Thanks for posting!

Sure would be strange if you ended up with a suitcase of them on your flight to DFW...

I'd help you finish them off so you wouldn't have to take them back home ;)

Back