THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Terry, on the finishing sauce do you bring it to a simmer and then let it cool before adding to the meat? Not sure what you meant by warm it and let it rest. Thanks, and a really nice looking cook. I like the AJ and rub idea. I trim my butts too.
Randy

Are those stars in the first picture?

Rain Drops :wink:

Hey Terry! Where the heck did ya score the butt at .88? C'mon man, I share those steal prices, ya gotta help a brother out!

You missed it Bo, posted that a couple weeks ago :cool:

Terry, i don't say this to a man very often but ..."nice butt".

What other times do you say it? :lol: Just Kidding!!!

Terry, on the finishing sauce do you bring it to a simmer and then let it cool before adding to the meat? Not sure what you meant by warm it and let it rest.

That is it, simmer for a little while, do not breath it though. Let cool and use sparingly.

No, Pecan rub. But now that you mention it I wonder how that would turn out?
That was why I was asking. I've never heard of this Pecan rub before, so I assumed you were acutally using Pecans in your rub. It's really got me wondering. Like do I jsut add in chopped pecans, or maybe whirl them around with the salt and sugar...

That was why I was asking. I've never heard of this Pecan rub before, so I assumed you were actually using Pecans in your rub. It's really got me wondering. Like do I just add in chopped pecans, or maybe whirl them around with the salt and sugar...

LOL, I usually use John Henry's but none in stock so I settled for BGE brand. I do not like it as well as the JH. Check it out if you can.

Thats it! I am making a pulled pork on my next 2 days off. I WANT a sandwich in the meantime, I'll pay you for it...

Back