North Carolina Pulled Pork ***Lots of Pron

Terry, on the finishing sauce do you bring it to a simmer and then let it cool before adding to the meat? Not sure what you meant by warm it and let it rest. Thanks, and a really nice looking cook. I like the AJ and rub idea. I trim my butts too.
Randy

Are those stars in the first picture?

Rain Drops :wink:

Hey Terry! Where the heck did ya score the butt at .88? C'mon man, I share those steal prices, ya gotta help a brother out!

You missed it Bo, posted that a couple weeks ago :cool:

Terry, i don't say this to a man very often but ..."nice butt".

What other times do you say it? :lol: Just Kidding!!!

Terry, on the finishing sauce do you bring it to a simmer and then let it cool before adding to the meat? Not sure what you meant by warm it and let it rest.

That is it, simmer for a little while, do not breath it though. Let cool and use sparingly.

No, Pecan rub. But now that you mention it I wonder how that would turn out?
That was why I was asking. I've never heard of this Pecan rub before, so I assumed you were acutally using Pecans in your rub. It's really got me wondering. Like do I jsut add in chopped pecans, or maybe whirl them around with the salt and sugar...

That was why I was asking. I've never heard of this Pecan rub before, so I assumed you were actually using Pecans in your rub. It's really got me wondering. Like do I just add in chopped pecans, or maybe whirl them around with the salt and sugar...

LOL, I usually use John Henry's but none in stock so I settled for BGE brand. I do not like it as well as the JH. Check it out if you can.

Thats it! I am making a pulled pork on my next 2 days off. I WANT a sandwich in the meantime, I'll pay you for it...

Back