THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oh yeah I forgot it was a tank. You would have to build a box that comes out with a flat surface I would do a BoomShuckaLucka style - 3 or 4 inch

My Custom intake. I had the idea to drill a bunch of 1/4" holes in a circle pattern but after drilling a few I got tired of that and punched them out with a step bit till they overlapped then got tired of that and took die grinder to other side. :mrgreen:

for those following along at home...
smitty and i are putting on a clinic on how to hijack a thread. :pound:

I was almost literally rolling on the floor!!!! :laugh:

...now...:focus:

I realized that I've been talking about this project but never actually posted a picture of the tank I am actually working with (forgive the perspective, it's bigger than the picture makes it look). With the air intake discussion think I am settled on one of two designs, either the 3-4" pipe BSL style or the trap door on a chain (unless someone can give me a reason that I should shy away from that idea)

Attachments

• IMG_0125.jpg
    IMG_0125.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
^^^maybe put a quarter next to the tank for scale. Then it would look huge.

I would go with the pipe style intake just because I think it would be easier to dial in temps.

45 minutes and two cutting wheels later and the compressor plate is off. That stupid plate was 1/4" thick! Oh also notice the quarter on the ground...:-D

Attachments

• IMG_0126.jpg
    IMG_0126.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 123
Back