New Kingsford

Kevin said:
And that my friend, is the difference between living where there is a demand for the supply, and here in frost bite falls where I can't even buy k at the local wally world this time of year.

I'm guessing where you live they need to get rid of the charcoal to make room for the ice-melt.

Frost Bite Falls, isn't that where moose and squirl are from?

RichardF said:
I'm guessing where you live they need to get rid of the charcoal to make room for the ice-melt.

Frost Bite Falls, isn't that where moose and squirl are from?

Da,,,

racer_81 said:
Natasha, we must get moose and squirrel. Mod.

Things were much more fun and less complex, when all we had to worry about was the cold war, and we could make fun of our enemies without worrying about being insensitive and hurting their feelings. Ahh, to go back to the days of Boris and Natasha...

and Underdog and Sweet Polly Purebed.

She was Hot.

fairy tales.. what u mean fairy tales..

they're not real??:confused: :eek: :sad:

Kevin
I don't know how southern you are but I just stocked up at the Home Depot. Double
bags of the 20# for $6.99. They had a couple of pallets at the Chaska store.

i sent them a note too... heres the response:

Thank you for contacting us about Kingsford Regular Charcoal. We always appreciate hearing from our consumers. To my knowledge the original is not being discontinued. The new Kingsford Sure Fire Charcoal is just an addition to our line of products.

Again, thank you for contacting us.

so.. looks like were safe.

Rudyboy said:
Kevin
I don't know how southern you are but I just stocked up at the Home Depot. Double
bags of the 20# for $6.99. They had a couple of pallets at the Chaska store.

I could spit and hit Iowa. Thanks for the heads up. I'll check HD in Mankato next weekend.

Like Mista said in the earlier threads HD is out here in SOCAL. I was not aware of the new K product and now I have concern. As mentioned by someone, I certainly do not wish to order by the pallet!!!

I switched to mostly lump and wood. Less ash and better smoke flavor.

I would do the same however I have not found a place to get wood other than the pricy bag stuff you get a BBQ Galore. The only log wood they carry is mesqite...Love it but little dab does ya when cooking with it. No anything about San Diego area and wood, let me know!

Solidkick said:
Kingsford's response to my email...

Reference Number: 4318127

Dear Mr. ,

Thank you for contacting us about Kingsford Regular Charcoal. We always appreciate hearing from our consumers.

We are coming out with a new formula, however, the Kingsford Original will still be the same. The Kingsford Original will still be available.

Sincerely,

Brandon Goodman

Consumer Response Representative

Consumer Services

Unfortunately, the Clorox company press release says something different:

"New Kingsford with Sure Fire Grooves will replace existing briquets across the Kingsford product line, from the original blue bag to all-in-one Matchlight Charcoal.

http://www.shareholder.com/clx/ReleaseDetail.cfm?ReleaseID=184591

Copy of email to Clorox

Aileen,

I wanted to share with you that I'm unhappy with the fact that I was lied to when I questioned the availability of the old Kingsford charcoal with the introduction on your new "high tech" product.

Quote:

Dear Mr. XXXXXX ,

Thank you for contacting us about Kingsford Regular Charcoal. We always appreciate hearing from our consumers.

We are coming out with a new formula, however, the Kingsford Original will still be the same. The Kingsford Original will still be available.

Sincerely,

Brandon Goodman
Consumer Response Representative
Consumer Services

Yet, your press release states, Quote:

New Kingsford with Sure Fire Grooves will replace existing briquets across the Kingsford product line, from the original blue bag to all-in-one Matchlight Charcoal.

It seems you have tailored your new product towards backyard grillers, leaving a very large consumer base of slow smokers and competitive BBQ personnel behind in the wake of your decision. We invest thousands of dollars a year to accomplish the perfect product for presentation to win competitions, your product line figures into these dollars that are spent.
We will look for a product that will help us achieve our goals. So far, your new product appears to be a disappointment.
Changing your product line is definitely your company's business. I wish you luck with your new product line and hope you are able to maintain your sales goals.

Thanks, but no thanks,

XXXX X XXXXXX

I found out some bad news.

I had to stop by the local Sam's today and they had two full pallets of the new Kingford. I was there just yeaterday and they had an almost full pallet of the old Kingford. I asked where it was and was told THEY SEND IT BACK and put out the new stuff!!!!

Had I known that I would have brought the whole pallet. Now unless I can find the old stuff at a good price I'm going to have to start ordering a pallet at a time.

Back