New KCBS rule for pork

I think Todd parted that crown and put some of it back in the cooker. Man, thats a big melon.

What line? Not even close, the pork does not ever come close to a cooker after I "Part" it.

Is this any different then putting your parted pork in a heated cambro?

Or mixig with heated sauce?

It may be that putting pork in a cast iron skillet that has been"super heat"ed is okay. I don't know, but I bet that skillet is a lot hotter than any cambro can get, and way closer the the definition of reheating. Hell, you might be able to cook a raw money muscle in that skillet.

I have a warm spot on the shelf of my Klose next to the fire box. I use that spot to heat sauce. In Ponca I put the money muscle in a small aluminum pan with sauce in it there before I built my box. I thought about it for a second, and asked a good friend of mine(and very seasoned competitor) who was set up next to me if he thought I was violating the rule. He did. I pulled it off. I'm sure your skillet is way hotter than that spot on my shelf.

I don't want anyone to even think I don't follow the rules. I don't want to have to argue about it or have anyone feel my scores are tainted.

I hope this gets resolved in Philly, it sure ain't gonna happen here...

Sorry couldn't resist.

4qqf9yp1.gif

Folks, I asked a question with good intent. I had not seen the other thread about the subject.
I now know to be more careful about asking questions and research the archives first.
Let's call a end to this and let it go.

And as for winter, still way too hot in the sun today.

Last edited by a moderator:
now ask how you get 6's on some of the best turn in's we ever did ??????

Note to readers;
I am not talking to myself yet. My team partner used nearly the same name when he signed up.

I so need it to be April...please let it be April....is it April yet??? Oh boy is this gonna be a long winter :rolleyes:

all right I'd settle for the end of March :biggrin:

So you are not going to freeze your Butt off this winter...? BTW it is still Fall!

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family....

Back