New comp this July 13-14 in Dayton (Kettering), Ohio

I won't be cooking for it, but I'll be there for Friday/Saturday Visits. I have a release at work that I have to be at Saturday night through Sunday morning. It'll be nice to meet everyone that shows.

I'll be there as well.

It was a good time last year. My team name changed after that comp, I was Big Mike's BBQ last year.

RTD, you will have fun. It was my first comp also. I don't remember you taking that pic of me on the previous page. I'm the one with the Stumps.

I wouldn't mind trying this one... It would be my second. I have a few I want to do next year, but the dates aren't looking good for many of them. This one might work out for me. I'll put it down on the calendar and hope to see you all!

Was wondering if they can accomadate a 37ft motorhome with smoker in tow. Also any water, electric...ect????

i'm planning on taking my 34' UAV (urban assault vehicle!). the grounds is a park like setting with a lot of shade trees. they had at least one huge generator and water buffalos last year. the legion post is open during the comp with cash bar and restrooms. email jimmy or jimmy with questions. (email addys are on the KCBS event page). several stores nearby: krogers, sam's, dorothy lane market...

Ohio Veteran Barbecue Cookoff
(not much on the website yet)

Yea he just got the domain not too long ago. He will be adding to it soon. He at least wanted to get the front page up for folks.

Tonto, I imagine they can fit you in there. You may want to arrive on Thursday night though. We only had 16 teams last year so we had plenty of room to spread out but I think this year we will have a considerable amount more of teams. I'd go ahead and give Jim Ferguson a shout just to make sure.

Like RTD said, we had large generators and a water buffalo last year.

Yea he just got the domain not too long ago. He will be adding to it soon. He at least wanted to get the front page up for folks.

Tonto, I imagine they can fit you in there. You may want to arrive on Thursday night though. We only had 16 teams last year so we had plenty of room to spread out but I think this year we will have a considerable amount more of teams. I'd go ahead and give Jim Ferguson a shout just to make sure.

Like RTD said, we had large generators and a water buffalo last year.

Thanks Rick and Mike. I will give Jim a call after the holiday's.:wink:

Where's your backyard?

i was wondering that too cause i grew up very close to the comp site. i live about 15 minutes away now and have plenty of room for rv's and campers at my house............

I think the Ohio comps are going to get together to promote next year's comps in Dayton, Cincy and Nelsonville.. I'll probably be involved somehow with it, and let people know what's going on.

I think the Ohio comps are going to get together to promote next year's comps in Dayton, Cincy and Nelsonville.. I'll probably be involved somehow with it, and let people know what's going on.

so is jim dandy doing it again in 08? i didn't see it on the kcbs event schedule.

sounds good though. nothing like learning under fire at three local comps! :biggrin:

Rick, I think Jim has to have the Jim Dandy comp... If you're named Jim and are in barbecue in Ohio, I think you have to have one by law now. :)

Bob, no worries, I'm sure as we get closer, I'll be asking for help. Thanks.

We will head your way for the comps this year Curt...if you come visit the in-laws in GR for the TOGR this year..:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:. Heck ya'll can stay here if ya'll want to:wink:.

Back