Pretty Good BBQ 2014

cmcadams

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Anyone interested in participating, in whatever way you want to participate:

We're setting dates, but we're currently looking at a weekend in September,13-14, 20-21, 27-28.

For those of you that would like to make it this year, let me know if one or more of those weekends is not good for you!

For those that have no idea what I'm talking about:

The PGBBQ started in 2008. My church, the Dayton Vineyard, was given an older church building in another part of the city, in 2007. In thinking about how to do a neighborhood-oriented "here we are" get-together, someone suggested doing a hamburger/hot dog cookout, that would be good enough. I was immediately hit upside the head by the Holy Spirit, telling me that you don't serve God's people with good enough, you serve with your best.

The best that I knew of was here at the BBQ Brethren. I put out a ridiculous request: come to Dayton, Ohio, to cook for a bunch of people in a poor section of town. Oh, and we have no budget, so we'll have to pay for it ourselves. I thought I'd get a few local guys that might help out. Instead, Clark and Jeff and Mike and Steve and all you others that have gotten involved showed up, from 7 different states the first year, now up to a total over the years of about 10 or 11 states and Canada.

We started this with a bit of competition involved, but we've evolved it a bit once it was realized that the time together was more important than the competition. This has, at least to me, become a gathering of people with hearts too big for their bodies, of people that serve others because it's in their DNA, a group of people that welcome others to learn how to catch the same fatal disease.

If you're interested in joining, we'll have the date set soon in September.

12881764375_1454611bb7_h.jpg

12881757145_097d77b834_o.jpg

12881760625_02992299ed_h.jpg

12881851533_5d67e67ae2_o.jpg

September? Maybe I'll finally be able to make one of these!

Unfortunately, the 13th & 14th is the only weekend we are not book already :confused:

Back