New BBQ Documentary

Naaahhhh. Those teams are usually at the end of the score sheets, never get called and it would just showcase the NEED to have a $67k truck pulling a $45k fifth wheel toy hauler with a $3200 cooker on it.
Hmmm...that was joke right? :shocked:

I agree, show the whole scene not just the who's ahead stuff. It seems the last ones I saw never showed the whole picture. We all know how to rub and inject . We all know Myron's opinions. Show the underdogs, amateurs, backyarders. See what drives them into our insane world.

You should include a segment on team names and why they chose what they did. Many times there is a story there. Spectators at contests always walk around and take pictures of team names and buy the occassional T-shirt or hat, etc. It is one of the things that usually catches their interest.

And now that I mention spectators, you should talk to them as well at some of the contests that have a big street festival such as Wildwood or Seaside to hear what they do or don't know about competition BBQ. That may influence some of your decisions.

Back