THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Congrats on the new acquisition! Could you post a couple of photos of the transition between the firebox and cooking chamber?

That is beautiful, looks well built. Is there any concern about the rubber tires being so close to the firebox?

Workhorse mentioned somewhere that temps were measured around the wheels were in the 80's or low 90's (I can't remember the exact number). The 3/8 steel probably helps keeps the temps down .

Thanks for the kind words folks. I took a couple additional pics just in case anyone was interested. I plan on firing it up Sunday as the temps drop around here. Will certainly take a few pics. After looking it over real good, I can't find too many faults. Still a bit blown away at the size of the firebox. My stick burning experiencing has primarily been on a Lang 48 and this firebox is massive compared to that one. Will post more pics as requested or as I do a few cooks on it.

Attachments

Right about $700. I’ll keep it in the garage and roll it out for cooking so mobility was a big thing for me. I’ll also load it on the trailer and haul it to the lake for long weekends and doubt that would be very manageable on the casters. Expensive option but feel like it was necessary for me.

There will be plenty. I’ve never posted a ton of cooks as I mostly lurk and learn but I know a lot of folks are interested in this cooker so I’ll try and keep folks updated. Had a fire in it for 7 hours today seasoning it and the temps were awesome. 250 main grate and 295 top grate but damn near even side to side. Have some Creekstone brisket points, a pork loin and chicken leg quarters going on tomorrow. Will post pics.

Attachments

Back