Contest Results Moniteau County Fair (California, MO) August 7-8, 2009

Is it at the Fair Grounds?? And how do you get there????

Yep Jay, at the fairgrounds. If you come into California on 50 Hwy, Go north on 87 Hwy which is also Oak Street. Turn Right on E. South Street and go till the road ends at the fairgrounds.

If you come in from the north on 87 Hwy, you'll turn right on Main then left on Oak then another left on E. South Street and go to the end.

OK we'll switch it then... we were gonna let Taylor bring her scooter but we'll go bike instead. Send her with money. Danged kids are gonna wanna go over to the carnival of course. :roll:

Dont think the fair opens until closer to the evening and they sell an armband that we bought last year and just let them go. They had a good time. It doesnt cost anything to get into the fair. At least it didn't last year. On Friday night they have like a tuff truck and figure 8 which is a blast to watch.

Hey Becky... we gotta talk to them about that six bite sized burgers for the Kids Q turn in! Talk about drying out possibilities!

Hey Becky... we gotta talk to them about that six bite sized burgers for the Kids Q turn in! Talk about drying out possibilities!

Didnt know about that and Burl didnt say anything to Mark about it. That is going to have to change. I wont be there until later in the evening so you guys are going to have to take care of that!!

Mark talked to Burl tonight cook Kids Q like you normally would nothing about 6 bite sized burgers.

Mark talked to Burl tonight cook Kids Q like you normally would nothing about 6 bite sized burgers.

Okay thanks that sounds fair enough. The six bite sized pieces or burgers
thing came from an e-mail I got from Kenny.

By the way, today I picked up six large bags of parsley at Restaurant Depot which more or less equals a full case. They told me there are 10 bunches per bag however it seems like more to me. I haven't had a bag open yet to see what kind of condition it is but it doesn't look too bad. When we went to Great Bend, we got Restaurant Depot parsley and it turned out really nice. I will bring all of these to California Friday morning and anyone else who is interested, I have four bags left that I will sell for $5 each. Out of the six, Bubba has one and we have one. Let me know...

Have fun guys and gals.....i'll be the responsible "parent" (old farker) that goes to work this weekend.......

BTW....Trailboss will not be there.....

I called the organizer (not Burl) yesterday and left a message to find out how many teams they are up to and I did not get a reply.

Got a third bag of parsley spoken for (Contracted Cookers). Still three $5 bags available. Drop me a line and let me know if you're interested or know someone who is.

Fun little first year contest! Hotter than hell out there but Kenny and Burl did a great job and were very interested in making it a fun time for cooks and solicited feedback quite a bit! Congrats to Mark and Becky and Bubba and Robin for a great showing! And so I meet Sledneck in person in May then nail down the Sledneck Memorial 13th Place Chicken award! :lol: Seriously, there must have been some excellent chicken cooks there because at 13th, I still scored 163.9998 in chicken! That would be top five in a lot of contests!

Grand Champion: Great Grills O'Fire
Reserve Champion: Uncle Bub's BBQ LLC

Overall:
1 Great Grills O'Fire
2 Uncle Bub's BBQ LLC
3 Contracted Cookers
4 Wanna B's
5 Half Sauced Barbeque
6 Big Creek BBQ
7 Bib's 'N' Rib's
8 Team Q
9 Blue Ribbon BBQ
10 Smoke This BBQ
11 Pig Newton
12 Drunk Duck BBQ
13 Moose Bros. BBQ
14 Hammer Boy's Tag-Team
15 Ray J's Bar B Que
16 Cowboy Q
17 Calloway Cremators
18 Full Strut BBQ
19 Smilin Bob's BBQ
20 4 Non-Smokers
21 Chillin And Grillin Crew

Chicken:
1 Uncle Bub's BBQ LLC
2 Contracted Cookers
3 Great Grills O'Fire
4 Full Strut BBQ
5 Hammer Boy's Tag-Team
6 Wanna B's
7 Blue Ribbon BBQ
8 Pig Newton
9 Bib's 'N' Rib's
10 Cowboy Q
11 Ray J's Bar B Que
12 Moose Bros. BBQ
13 Big Creek BBQ
14 Smoke This BBQ
15 Half Sauced Barbeque
16 Team Q
17 Chillin And Grillin Crew
18 Drunk Duck BBQ
19 4 Non-Smokers
20 Smilin Bob's BBQ
21 Calloway Cremators

Ribs:
1 Half Sauced Barbeque
2 Blue Ribbon BBQ
3 Great Grills O'Fire
4 Uncle Bub's BBQ LLC
5 Wanna B's
6 Drunk Duck BBQ
7 Team Q
8 Moose Bros. BBQ
9 Smoke This BBQ
10 Big Creek BBQ
11 Contracted Cookers
12 Bib's 'N' Rib's
13 Pig Newton
14 Ray J's Bar B Que
15 Hammer Boy's Tag-Team
16 Calloway Cremators
17 Chillin And Grillin Crew
18 Cowboy Q
19 Full Strut BBQ
20 4 Non-Smokers
21 Smilin Bob's BBQ

Pork:
1 Smoke This BBQ
2 Big Creek BBQ
3 Contracted Cookers
4 Great Grills O'Fire
5 Half Sauced Barbeque
6 Bib's 'N' Rib's
7 Calloway Cremators
8 Team Q
9 Full Strut BBQ
10 Smilin Bob's BBQ
11 Uncle Bub's BBQ LLC
12 Wanna B's
13 Drunk Duck BBQ
14 Pig Newton
15 Cowboy Q
16 Moose Bros. BBQ
17 Hammer Boy's Tag-Team
18 Chillin And Grillin Crew
19 Blue Ribbon BBQ
20 Ray J's Bar B Que
21 4 Non-Smokers

Brisket:
1 Wanna B's
2 Great Grills O'Fire
3 Uncle Bub's BBQ LLC
4 Contracted Cookers
5 Half Sauced Barbeque
6 Blue Ribbon BBQ
7 Team Q
8 Big Creek BBQ
9 Drunk Duck BBQ
10 Calloway Cremators
11 Bib's 'N' Rib's
12 Moose Bros. BBQ
13 Ray J's Bar B Que
14 Pig Newton
15 Cowboy Q
16 Smoke This BBQ
17 Hammer Boy's Tag-Team
18 4 Non-Smokers
19 Smilin Bob's BBQ
20 Full Strut BBQ
21 Chillin And Grillin Crew

Lots of talent out there this past weekend!! Top 10 would have been enough and an honor. Yea it was hot, but we had a steady breeze that helped. Great run contest!! We had a blast and will be back if they have it next year. Congrats Mark & Bubba!! We'll get you next time!!

Team Q

Congrats everyone!

Jeff, thanks for highlighting the Brethren teams and sorry about the 13th place chicken :-D

Back