MOFO's Best Bretheren BBQ Team

spicewine said:
Just finished putting on the Hood Scoops and Spoiler on the Super Spice Smoker. Now it looks like a TransAm:shock:

Kick: Bring your driving gloves this weekend!!! This brings a whole new meaning to "Pit Crew"
We need Pics. Jay.

Holy Farkamoley! That baby is gorgeous! Watch yourself heading down the road... You're going to attract every cop for miles!

Spicewine, you have an awesome unit there. I am jelous, wish my unit looked so good:twisted:

Well, I'm home getting ready to load up to go. It's very overcast and the wind is from the north at about 10 mph. It'll be hard pressed to make it to 55 today, with the low around 40 tonight.

WHAT HAVE I GOTTEN US INTO!!!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I'll check in late Saturday afternoon.....as soon as I thaw out.....

It's over!!! It's 8:47 pm---I'm drinking a Meyers and Diet Pepsi W/Lime and trying to keep my eyes open!!

Here is the Down Low!!

RESEARVE GRAND CHAMPION!!! AKA 2nd place

It was a great experiance cooking with Kick and Sweet T !! We had a wonderfull time and would do it again in a heart beat!!! Not knowing each other's style, we actually worked great as a team and got the job done!!

We might have gotten Grand Champ if it wasn't for the almost perfect score on Brisket by the First place Grand Champ Team --PETA 179.998:-o

Things I have learned from this contest!!!

Kick -AKA The Diddler ( Batman's Arch nemisis) feels like he needs to stay up and watch the thermometer all night and add three lumps of charcoal everytime the temps drop 2 degrees. I told him " go to bed!! AND QUIT DIDDLING with the fire!! He got 1 hour of sleep !!

Sweet T--- Fred Bird and Spicebag tell T that it is a team Q tradition and a good luck practice to have a Naked dance of the wood nimph prior to bed time!! She didn't buy it!

Then we told her ( as we are holding a very large spatula ) that later we are going to play " Good Cook--- Bad Cook " We got a rain check on that one!!

This was an absolutely NO ALCOHOL event!!! But we had some real great coffee8)

All in all we had a great time and I am sold on teams coming together and shareing their skills!

Funny Thing Happend!!! Mark Hyman ( Grand Champ A R Inv. this year stopped by to chat with us . His son asked Kick, who had just turned in his pork if he could have a sample ( Mark's son is about 8 ? ) Kick gave him some pulled pork and as he was eating it , Kick asked " how do you like the Pork? " His reply was " It's better than my Dad's!!":biggrin:

WE ALL WALKED !!!

NUFF SAID !!!

Back