Merry Christmas! What BBQ swag did you get for Jesus's birthday?

I got this welder and tank, so I bought some steel and built a cart/table. I know it's not specifically BBQ, but it will definitely be used to build some new BBQ equipment.

Not to derail, but I'm curious how much bracing you put on the underside to keep that sheet from warping, do you have a shot from below?

A blue thermopop, a new charcoal chimney starter, a better pair of gloves for operating my UDS, and Franklin's meat smoking manifesto.

Think my family has caught on to my new(ish) hobby :mrgreen:

I got a Smoke from Thermoworks, Amaze-n-tube, Thermapen Mk4 and a bunch of sauces and rubs.

Craig you should look real hard at the Broil King line of gassers. Best bang for the buck by far.

Not to derail, but I'm curious how much bracing you put on the underside to keep that sheet from warping, do you have a shot from below?

Gordo -

Sorry for the delay, I just saw this.. I do not have a picture from the underside. I can tell you that the steel is 14ga (thick enough to not really bend much over a 12" span) the 4 sides are 1 x 1 x 1/8 Angle Iron, and the steel overlaps by about 1/2" all the way around. the weight of the welder is dispersed at the 4 corners so all in all it is very stable, no warpage.

Santa was extra special to me this year, as everyone I know realized that the obsession is real:
diffuser for the akorn
thermopro dual probe
bunch of rubs
cold smoker tray and pellets
vortex
meathead's book
special bonus: apparently my extended family wants me to start making sausage so I got a book, a starter kit, and accessories to go w my kitchenaid

AND THEN: got some amazon cards with which I bought-
slicer knife, butcher paper, heat gloves, plowboys yardbird, and a IQ110

All in all, my fam conspired to raise my game a number of levels!!

Back