Merry Christmas! What BBQ swag did you get for Jesus's birthday?

bobaftt

is one Smokin' Farker
I got a thermopop thermometer and $850 to spend on a gas grill. I have a performer and a smoky mountain. I'm open to gasser suggestions!

Really didn't get anything except bbq gloves and one of those infrared surface temp things. Oh, and a case to hold all my bbq related electronics. It's really hard to find new bbq stuff after all these years.
Can't help with the gasser. I had a real expensive one once but gave it away. In sure somebody knows.

DSC_0268_zpsvbscnms7.jpg

The Incomparable Sunflower bought me two Tel-Tru gauges for my stick burner, My older daughter bought me a blue tooth speaker system for my BBQ area.

I've Already Posted Mine . . .

. . . but I'll gladly do it again !!!

That's an Old Country Brazos (hanging from the tree because the only way to unload it was to back the pickup under the limb and let it down with a come-along). The next pic is where it is likely to live. A quarter ton is too much for this old man to move around much or very far. The last pic is of a t-shirt, with apron to match, that demonstrates my spousal unit's sense of humor.

Last edited:
Wife got me a 14# SRF American Wagu Brisket. Not something I ever would have bought for myself. Scares me that she listens to me when I don't think she is. After watching some of the TV competitions earlier this year I made an offhand comment wondering really how much better one of those could possibly be than the Costco packers I cook now. Or if it was all hype. She did say her birthday would be a goof day to cook it LOL

Back