Mega pron - 4th of July for 150

Oh man...I have a new goal for the 4th of July BBQ celebration. Those are excellent pics. Thanks for sharing.

That's a major cook effort and the meat looks mighty fine. How many people including yourself does it take to comfortably prepare the food including the sides for 150 people? Thx

Damn, there are some BBQ lessons in that post. Everything looks awesome!

Cheers!

Bill

That's a major cook effort and the meat looks mighty fine. How many people including yourself does it take to comfortably prepare the food including the sides for 150 people? Thx

Was a joint effort - the party was for a local Corvette club. .. whereas guests brought a side dish or dessert.

The BBQ was supplied by myself... running solo covering the proteins.

Hey Bandit,

Great looking cook!! I noticed in the pixs that you had the lang under a tent of some sort, do you have any trouble with heat or smoke destroying your tent or is it high enough for the heat to dissipate? Have a lang 60 deluxe and I want to cook when it rains but didn't know if that set up would work... Any ideas or recomendations?

Great post, thanks for sharing!:clap2:
I hope your guests realize what an honor it is having you cook for them!:hail:

I too am somewhat curious about the tent set-up.

Hey Bandit,

Great looking cook!! I noticed in the pixs that you had the lang under a tent of some sort, do you have any trouble with heat or smoke destroying your tent or is it high enough for the heat to dissipate? Have a lang 60 deluxe and I want to cook when it rains but didn't know if that set up would work... Any ideas or recomendations?

Great post, thanks for sharing!:clap2:
I hope your guests realize what an honor it is having you cook for them!:hail:

I too am somewhat curious about the tent set-up.

You are correct.

The first preference was just for supplied shade under the sun. The canopy will get some discoloration over time... yet remains intact. The canopies are staked down for wind. If the winds becomes a nuisance - have wall partitions that will aid as a windblock.
SSPX0225.jpg

Great looking job and glad to see the lang 84 out! Thanks for taking the time to take and post pictures... If you ever need a helper for a day, I would be more than pleased to take the drive to meet you anytime to lend in a hand to learn some tricks from you brother!

I have a 55 gallon stainless steel grill, could I use it to smoke similar to the one you use

Yes. I get some great Q off my horizontal drum. Your best bet is to post a separate thread with pictures of your cooker and ask questions there, and most of all READ READ READ these forums. The search bar at the bottom is your friend!

Great cook Bandit!

Back