THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Meat Sauce for Pasta?

• Mama's Recipe is to Die For...

Votes: 27 65.9%
  • I Buy Premade, Newman's Own Rules..

Votes: 11 26.8%
  • I melt Butter over the Noodles and call it a Day..

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Your Supposed to Sauce Pasta?

Votes: 2 4.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And What Makes Home Made Sauce And Pasta Better?

Why, Baking it of course..Butter up a 9x13 Pyrex Baking Dish..
Add 1lb. of Angel Hair Pasta..
And Toss with a Liberal Amount Of Home Made Smokey Goodness Sauce..
Ready_To_Bake2.jpg
Bake At 350* for 30 minutes...
Toss Back a Couple of Shots of Wild Turkey....
Wait For IT...................:biggrin:

I've been making my own sauce since I was a kid. Learned from my grandmother.

Looks great Nate !!! You'd make my grandmother proud.. Only thing she would complain about is you drowning the pasta in the sauce. She's a big believer in the sauce not being applied too liberally but just enough to lubricate the pasta and still provide a lot of flavor.

I laugh when I see people stocking up at the supermarket on the bottles of jar sauce like Prego, Ragu, etc. when for probably half the price they can get a can of tomatoes, or fresh tomatoes, basil, garlic, onions, S&P etc. and make a really kick arse homemade sauce that can be made in bulk and froze for future uses.

I make my own tomato sauce. It's my basic all purpose tomato based sauce for spaghetti, lasagna, pizza, chicken parmesan, etc.

Used to buy store bought until I learned I could cook.

Oh, man, Nate, that looks so good, especially on a gloomy, rainy, cold day like we're having today! Can't wait to try making it, with my own tweaks, of course.

"Ragu 100% Natural" is what we always use as a base...then we kick it up with some sausage and spices. :p

Back