Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Manorville NY, Smokin At The Maples. Team list as of July 6

maybe that you cooked your chicken UNDER fire instead of OVER.

:icon_smile_tongue:

Snap! What about chicken, brisket or pork cooked using an offset cooker? We actually finished all of our chicken over direct flame in Greenwich. You got to know the flame in order to own the flame...:boxing::clap2:

And although we are playing around, everyone should be clear that I have never used plug in smokers, pellet powered cookers or fan enhancers to do what I do. Come to cook.

Snap! What about chicken, brisket or pork cooked using an offset cooker? We actually finished all of our chicken over direct flame in Greenwich. You got to know the flame in order to own the flame...:boxing::clap2:

And although we are playing around, everyone should be clear that I have never used plug in smokers, pellet powered cookers or fan enhancers to do what I do. Come to cook.

:thumb:

i really was just playing.

it's the cook, not the cooker.

Nice! I'd be interested to know how many of those teams have been in for every Battle, three towns and counting.

And to start off the trash talk, I'm thinking that after a grilling GC year one, a BBQ GC year 2, a 3rd place finish year 3, and a lost tie for RGC last year, I'm going for a GC in grilling AND a GC in barbecue. What say ya'll?
So impressive that you have dominated a contest that has been mostly once a year competitors :rolleyes::becky:

And to start off the trash talk, I'm thinking that after a grilling GC year one, a BBQ GC year 2, a 3rd place finish year 3, and a lost tie for RGC last year, I'm going for a GC in grilling AND a GC in barbecue. What say ya'll?

I don't see a grilling GC for you this year at the BOTBB. The Polocks have a secret weapon this year for Grilling and I would be very afraid if I were you. You may have beat Myron but you ain't gonna beat Kyle. He is now a Johnson and Wales classically trained chef and he wants you Clint. You can run but you can't hide, he's coming for you Clint Cantwell. How's that for trash talk? :thumb:

Last edited:
Does anybody own a golf cart that they can lend to the event for the weekend? If not,, maybe a quad/gator/ranger etc?

So impressive that you have dominated a contest that has been mostly once a year competitors :rolleyes::becky:

I'm a once a year (kcbs) competitor. You saying we aren't as good at cooking as you multi-weekend cookers, sled?

I don't see a grilling GC for you this year at the BOTBB. The Polocks have a secret weapon this year for Grilling and I would be very afraid if I were you. You may have beat Myron but you ain't gonna beat Kyle. He is now a Johnson and Wales classically trained chef and he wants you Clint. You can run but you can't hide, he's coming for you Clint Cantwell. How's that for trash talk? :thumb:

My money too is on Kyle. I have followed his run to culinary fame and can't wait to see what he brings to the table.

Johnson and Wales my ass. They got nothin on the Culinary Academy of Long Island!

The car show saturday
Grillin contest saturday
coinkidink ??
I think you guys have to cook on the hood of a car ??

this shall be my once a year, & fourth ever........
but got a fancy new logo & name, banners on the way
so I'll look all professional :becky:

Back