THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I really like B&B post oak but then again I was born and raised in Central Texas so I'm biased. Just smells like home when I light it up.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
That's good to know, local LJ dealer has quit selling pellets and I only have 160lbs left so I've started to explore what I'm going todo, was leaning towards ordering bulk from Cooking Pellets, the local Academy Sports carry B&B and was planning on giving them a try, the price is certainly right.

That's good to know, local LJ dealer has quit selling pellets and I only have 160lbs left so I've started to explore what I'm going todo, was leaning towards ordering bulk from Cooking Pellets, the local Academy Sports carry B&B and was planning on giving them a try, the price is certainly right.

No, personal experience with B&B, but if they're still essentially the generic brand of BBQers Delight they'll be solid. I haven't heard anything negative about them that I can recall.

No, personal experience with B&B, but if they're still essentially the generic brand of BBQers Delight they'll be solid. I haven't heard anything negative about them that I can recall.
Thanks Josh, I had read elsewhere they were rebranded BBQers Delight.

Anyone have advice for how to put a Mak together solo? I live hell and gone from friends/coworkers.

It’s a one man job til you get to moving the cook chamber to the cart. I have seen guys do that part solo... but I’ll be the first to admit that I ain’t man enough for it. Not sure of an easy way to connect the two without a helping hand. Perhaps a neighbor with a slab of ribs as payment?

every time I go to home depot/ lowes (which is at least once a week) I check the bbq aisle for open bags of pellets. they mark them down 50%

Anyone have advice for how to put a Mak together solo? I live hell and gone from friends/coworkers.
You might try locking the wheels and see if they hold. Just be real careful and go slow in case it slides. If you have a deck or shop with a wood floor maybe nail a 2x4 down and use that to hold the wheels in place while you lift.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I solo assembled my One Star last year..... not recommended.

I mean I did it, but I had to think it out and made sure that at all times the weight was supported because its impossible otherwise.

Welp,

I'm gonna hold off boys. Just doesn't make sense when I have my YS640. I plan on bringing the Yoder home from the cabin since it doesn't get much use up there like when I first bought it. Sometimes I can't go up for over 2 months.

I plan and buying the Yoder ACS wifi hardware and upgrading it for $400+. I'll use it way more when I bring it home.

Welp,

I'm gonna hold off boys. Just doesn't make sense when I have my YS640. I plan on bringing the Yoder home from the cabin since it doesn't get much use up there like when I first bought it. Sometimes I can't go up for over 2 months.

I plan and buying the Yoder ACS wifi hardware and upgrading it for $400+. I'll use it way more when I bring it home.

Although I would’ve loved to see you join the MAK family, can’t argue with your thinking... makes perfect sense.

It’s a one man job til you get to moving the cook chamber to the cart. I have seen guys do that part solo... but I’ll be the first to admit that I ain’t man enough for it. Not sure of an easy way to connect the two without a helping hand. Perhaps a neighbor with a slab of ribs as payment?

Seconded. Bribe a neighbor to help you transfer the body onto the base. With two people it should take literally less than a minute. That part really should not ever be attempted solo. It's a very heavy body and tolerances are very tight.

I actually did this yesterday, and wouldn't say I'm a super-strong guy or anything. The way I did it was to rotate the grill body back on top of the box/pallet (with cushioning). I then attached the cart horizontally and levered it up, which was actually fairly easy (make sure you lock the casters first). Toughest part was reaching around some weird angles to tighten the nuts.

Also, make sure you take everything you can out of the grill before doing this - saves a bunch of weight.

I wish I could take credit for thinking of this myself, but its actually how the Smokefire was assembled.

I actually did this yesterday, and wouldn't say I'm a super-strong guy or anything. The way I did it was to rotate the grill body back on top of the box/pallet (with cushioning). I then attached the cart horizontally and levered it up, which was actually fairly easy (make sure you lock the casters first). Toughest part was reaching around some weird angles to tighten the nuts.

Also, make sure you take everything you can out of the grill before doing this - saves a bunch of weight.

I wish I could take credit for thinking of this myself, but its actually how the Smokefire was assembled.

You da man! How does your back feel today? Mine hurts just thinking about it… lol.

Welp,

I’m selfishly disappointed. Your logic is sound, but your cooks are inspiring. For the love of the Brethren I think you should reconsider - you have a couple more days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back