THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Congrats! He'll be helping dad sooner than you think. If you have wifi issues let me know. I can tell you exactly what NOT to do.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Ha! I've learned more than "not to play with the MAK" if using WiFi from you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, which of the 28 pages of this thread give the details of cost and delivery, etc?

You have to call to ask for the price. People that took advantage of the offer were asked to not put numbers online. Delivery is via FedEx freight and included in the cost of the grill.

So, which of the 28 pages of this thread give the details of cost and delivery, etc?

The request from MAK Grills is that the Brethren call in to discuss the group-buy deal. The deal is straight up and consistent, it’s just not something that MAK Grills wants advertised. Caleb is your man if you wanna learn more. (503) 623-1234

Ya know - some people would call you an enabler. I'll call you a wealth of knowledge and someone that really loves the product you bought! I've enjoyed all the info you've volunteered about your MAK for the last few years - I've seen most of it. Not much time to do anything but read the forum for a while but hopefully that'll change with the MAK!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do I love the MAK product? Yes! I try very hard to not allow that product excitement to come across as pushy. If I ever come across as “that guy”, please feel free to push back and even slap me upside the head if needed. I do not want to be “him!!” :)

Do I love the MAK product? Yes! I try very hard to not allow that product excitement to come across as pushy. If I ever come across as “that guy”, please feel free to push back and even slap me upside the head if needed. I do not want to be “him!!” :)
What's your address? Asking for a friend...

Since this my first venture into pellet grills, I'm curious about the preference of wood pellets. Not brand but flavor.
I saw on Facebook Live that Meathead uses only apple because he says after hickory and mesquite, you can't tell a deference between the rest. He uses a MAK 2 Star also. I find that hard to believe with so many flavors being sold.
Isn't apple good if you're looking for a mild smoke? I understand that the blends will give off less ash too. I ordered some pecan, cherry and maple from Bear Mountain and figured I would blend some of those together.
Just curious what the Brethren is enjoying with the MAK?

Thanks! I think........

Phone calls are free (is there such a thang as long distance anymore) and there is NO pressure, if ya wanna do it fine and if you don’t fine, I swear to ya.

OK..... Just got off the phone w Caleb and Two Star will be on its way.

Now its time to sell the One Star I bought last year.

Anybody looking for a good deal?

Awesome!!! I did the same several years ago... went from a 1 Star to 2 Star... and then sold the 2 Star to get the 2019 model. Call me a nut... I don’t care... lol.

My Mak 2 star has landed!!!

Picked it up at the FedEx hub & put it together this morning. Finally home from work to really check it out.

Seasoning it now @ 450 for 30 min.

Have to say my initial impression is very good. I like high end stuff but I can be picky. I was skeptical if the quality and fit and finish would match with the price and I can say YES.

I’ll give feedback on how it runs etc as I get a little more run time with it.

Picked it up at the FedEx hub & put it together this morning. Finally home from work to really check it out.

Have to say my initial impression is very good. I like high end stuff but I can be picky. I was skeptical if the quality and fit and finish would match with the price and I can say YES.

Outstanding! Can’t wait to see and hear more :)

Since this my first venture into pellet grills, I'm curious about the preference of wood pellets. Not brand but flavor.
I saw on Facebook Live that Meathead uses only apple because he says after hickory and mesquite, you can't tell a deference between the rest. He uses a MAK 2 Star also. I find that hard to believe with so many flavors being sold.
Isn't apple good if you're looking for a mild smoke? I understand that the blends will give off less ash too. I ordered some pecan, cherry and maple from Bear Mountain and figured I would blend some of those together.
Just curious what the Brethren is enjoying with the MAK?

To each their own but we have landed on Lumberjack competition blend as our all around favorite, just try a few brands and blends, your find what you like!

I’m 100% with you!

#smokeon

I really like B&B post oak but then again I was born and raised in Central Texas so I'm biased. Just smells like home when I light it up.

I really like B&B post oak but then again I was born and raised in Central Texas so I'm biased. Just smells like home when I light it up.

Where do you buy it at?

Back