Madison BBQ, Blues and Balloons, Madison, IN - Aug. 15 - 16, 2008 ***Results Added***

Those bleachers at the rewards ceremony should be interesting for ya... Maybe sit down in the front row, so you don't go skiing down? :cool:

Have fun boys. Wish I was going again.

Scottie

Thanks Scottie. Chances of having fun are real good.

I can taste Jims beer already.

Since beer seems to be a popular subject, if anyone is game for a pub crawl Thursday night, look me up. I think some of us are going to hit some of the finer establishments in Madison, but i am not sure what time yet. All are within walking distance of the contest area. There are a few neat places in town. Dale, maybe we can "borrow" one of the golf carts in town for you!!

So, being unemployed and maybe getting to fill in if they need judges, can I get an offer for a beer on Friday night, along with a sandwich??? :) [shameless mooch mod]

Since beer seems to be a popular subject, if anyone is game for a pub crawl Thursday night, look me up. I think some of us are going to hit some of the finer establishments in Madison, but i am not sure what time yet. All are within walking distance of the contest area. There are a few neat places in town. Dale, maybe we can "borrow" one of the golf carts in town for you!!

Honestly, there'll be so many good ol' boys there tonight, that we'll have better fun crawling around the contest site. :razz:

will be checking in about 5ish, stayed at the Holiday Inn in Carrollton last night and tonight, but, going to go set up tent site....will stop by a few that are setting up tonight...went to Key West Shrimp last night....eh...so so, but, the owner is a hoot.....

Madison Ribberfest

It was a great setting for a contest! The hosts, volunteers, music, phenomenal teams, close scoring that separated 1st to 3rd, .0008 was all that separated the top three. It was a blast, and seeing all of the results from Thursday evenings happenings....had to have been one hellova B.A.C. going on at the time....but, what better way to celebrate the love of BBQ, and the thrill of competition. It was a great thrill to get to take pictures as part of the RGC....and among such great teams and folks overall. Thanks to everyone who listened to me ramble about not getting to spend the event with the g/f's son, the only way to top that day would have been to see him standing up with the next generation of super smokers.

Here are a few of the pictures that I got over the weekend....sorry, forgot the camera in the truck for the awards ceremony, but it was great to see so many Brethren members there, and MANY getting calls. The only bummer I had was not seeing the balloons take off in the morning....anyone have any idea what time they left out?

Anyway, top 10 overall....

Grand Champion: Ulcer Acres BBQ
Reserve Champion: Double D's BBQ

Overall:
1 Ulcer Acres BBQ
2 Double D's BBQ
3 Moonswiners
4 Shigs-In-Pit
5 Pirates of the Grill
6 Buttrub.com
7 A Boy & His BBQ
8 Pig-Pak
9 Eagle River Barbecue
10 Monty Pigthon & the Holy Grill

It was also great to get to talk to a couple first time competitors...and here is to hoping that it will not take 2 more years to see ya around again. Good times, good to see some ol friends, and make new ones.....

Congrats to Ulcer Acres on the GC

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Rob, I didn't see the balloons go up either. Shoot I don't know if they did at all. Congrats to you and Dallas, yall did a great job. Thanks again for "volunteering" Niki, I owe yall.

I took a quick look at the pics, that is a nice logo for the young man. I look forward to meeting him down the road.

Mike,

I know that she had a blast doing something that she has not gotten to do yet, the running....and I was more than glad to help out not only a fellow Brethren, but, just a damn good guy!

Hope to see ya soon.....

They did the balloon thing...

2769078597_de5bacddd0_o.jpg

.0008 difference in the top three - that is insane. Just really shows that every conceiveable detail can make a difference. People talk about it being a meat contest and not a garnish contest and presentation has the lowest weight, but how do you know what determined the .0008 difference.

Congrats & great job Ulcer, Double D & Moonswiners!!

yeah,that was a close one, and well deserved by Ulcer Acres......look forward to seeing everyone who is going to be in Sharonville.......

Thanks a bunch we were really excited to win a contest like Madison. Lots of good help. And I think the new haircut helped. Made us more stealthy

Congrats Ulcer Acres, Double D's, and all the teams that got a call. What a great contest!

Ottie

The Flying Burritos

FEC-100

Back