Long Distance Dedication to 16Adams and thirdeye

Man those look great. I am always envious of these great sausages. Like others one day when I have a little more time and cash for the addition. Keep them coming

rstewart said:
Your sausages turned out great. I’ve been wanting to try this and would like to know your fire setup on the WSM to slowly bring the sausage temp up tp 150. Did you use the snake method or just a certain number of briquettes. Any help very much appreciated.

I put a small pile of KBB (30-35 briquettes) and 5 pecan chunks in the middle of the fire ring. Then I use the small Weber chimney to light about a dozen more briquettes. When they are ready, I dump them on top of the pile and assemble the WSM. I start with all vents open and watch the temps. At 150° I close one bottom vent. At 170°-180°, I close a second bottom vent. Then I let it run for a bit it usually settles in around 200°.

I have the Weber sausage racks. They work great. It was windy the day I smoked these and the fire stoked up to 225°, so I closed the third vent halfway and put the sausages on the flat rack so that the didn't overcook.

If you saw my "Advanced Sausagemaking Tips" thread last week, you'll know that I have been making sausage a log time, but I fairly new to making smoked sausage.

I want to make my next batch in the warmer of my Shirley. It seems more predictable and I paid Paul extra for the sausage rods. I will post the results.

Back