Lighting up a Charcoal chimney for UDS

keep your old paper towel tubes, put it in center of the chimney...now you can fill it all the way up. It will start the fuel extremely fast

I've been known to use my turkey fryer in the past... Only takes about 2-3 minutes.... There is something about the sound of an F14 taking off that gets my neighbors hearts pumping at 3AM... LOL

HAHA THIS ALONE MAKES ME WANT TO PURCHASE ONE!!:thumb::becky:

Im a prime example of using TO MUCH fuel. i used a whole chimney of fuel once to light the UDS... Granted i left the lid off for a 2 minutes and i put it on.. it stayed at around 275 for about 15 min then climbed to like 350 and then 15 min after that, it was 375. That only happened once and i learned my lesson. haha

Now i do exactly what your tutorial shows. Its clean and fast.

I like the folding backpack stoves. Easy to pack, just light and the large Weber chimney sits perfectly over the flame.

CAMPING09-2.jpg

About $17 here. http://www.thearmynavysurplus.com/PhotoGallery.asp?ProductCode=CAMPING09

dude. gonna rig this into the UDS somehow.. Light it for 5 minutes under the coals and call it good.. maybe.. except the lit coals need to be on the top. There is no good method of having the lit coals on the bottom correct?

Excellent pictorial :) Paper towels work well. I also use whatever sort of 'scrap' I might have laying around. I sometimes use pieces of cardboard off a discarded box or even newspaper. It all works well :)

Back