THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I really don't see much of anything in this trailer being permanent this next year unless I hit the lottery. Being that it will not have running water, I think many of the items mentioned will be easily upgradeable by unscrewing and/or loosening some bolts. It’s a matter of money or lack there of and can only do so much at a time.

That said, I scored a 2 bay stainless sink tonight. So who knows, maybe it will end up being more then I’m currently thinking.

BTW, while I really do appreciate your thoughts, experience, etc. I'd really like to see your floorplans (pics) and what you do and/or do not like about them.

Don't really have a floor plan, but do have some pictures.
DSCF0035Small.jpg

Have counters about 2/3 of the way up one side of the trailer. Two doors that fold down (around wheel well) for storage. Then 2 banks of 4 drawers. The last third has a couch that pulls out into a couch.

DSCF0034Small.jpg
http://i172.photobucket
Three bay sink with seperate hand sink. Cabinets up and down. Full sized commercial fridge. We have large cutting board that we place over the sinks in order to create more counter space.

DSCF0030Small.jpg

This was before we put the turnbuckle type bolts down to hold the large spice in place. We used to strap it and the Backwoods Part to the back deck.

Thanks, that's what I'm looking for. Pics that show materials of interior walls, floors and ceilings.

Other than FRP, what other "health department" approved materials can one use for walls and ceilings? Maybe I need to contact that MO and IA health departments (not really sure where to start) Wonder if a water proof/mildew/stain resistant formica board is acceptable.

In Nebraska for the walls and floors it has to be made of something that can be washed. Counters need to be one piece. Our counters have a trim around them and I thought for sure we were goingto get dinged, but he didn't say anything about it.
I will say this until I am blue in the face, make friends with your health inspector, they are their to help you keep your customers safe, not tear down your business. Get ahold of both inspectors Now and tell them what you are doing, and that you don't want to have to redo anything once the trailer is completed.

Roo-where did you find the 3-bay sink? I can't seem to find one for less than $600??
Thanks

The guy that built the trailer got it for us. I would imagine he found it at Lowe's or Home depot or Menard's.

I was going to disagree just to be an arse, but realized I have it in our trailer as well.

I woulod put in the 3 bay sink for resale purposes. If you outgrow this one, and want to sell it you have a very limited market, add the sinks and you have opened your market to a few more demographics.

You are still an arse!

Thanks, that's what I'm looking for. Pics that show materials of interior walls, floors and ceilings.

Other than FRP, what other "health department" approved materials can one use for walls and ceilings? Maybe I need to contact that MO and IA health departments (not really sure where to start) Wonder if a water proof/mildew/stain resistant formica board is acceptable.

our walls and ceiling are the smooth white board used in showers (can't remember the name of it). You can mark on it with a dry erase marker, and wipe it off. (great for keeping a comp timeline).

our counter tops are 20 ga. stainless steel covering 3/4" plywood. We bought stainless steel sheets (4'x8' ), cut them, and bent them on a sheetmetal brake.

Our sinks are the deep 1/2 pans that we used an electrical knockout for the drain.

We are Inspected by the Health Department, and have never had a problem. Make sure that all exposed wood is painted (or sealed).

Last edited:
our walls and ceiling are the smooth white board used in showers (can't remember the name of it). You can mark on it with a dry erase marker, and wipe it off. (great for keeping a comp timeline).

Saw those at Lowe's - very interesting. About the same price as FRP.

BTW, what is an electrical knockout? Can you take a picture of the sink for me?

Saw those at Lowe's - very interesting. About the same price as FRP.

BTW, what is an electrical knockout? Can you take a picture of the sink for me?
I will get some better pics of the sinks.
An electrical knockout is a tool used to punch a hole in an electrical enclosure for a conduit to enter.
IMG_1962.jpg

I don't like my bed liner when it is wet. You get some water, mud or grease on that floor and it will be slick. More so than the VCT, IMHO.

mmmmmmmmmm, what kind do you have???? I didn't say anything before now, but I didn't think mine was slick when wet.... so, I had to wash out the bed to see.. thanks. Mine is NOT slick when wet.... I had Leonard do mine when I got the topper for the truck, a combination deal....

I knew of a guy that had the drop in liner, and he decided to wash his and use ArmorAll on it to protect it. Now that was like trying to stand on ice.....

So, maybe it has to do something with the brand of spray on type liner... just a thought. I know it can be bought by the gallons and rolled on, but I am still wondering if it is the brand or the way it is sprayed on??? Just a thought on that...

Any other thoughts by others that have the spray in liners in there truck beds.....

Bill

Back