THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5. Entries must be Grilled or Smoked during the cooking process, or must prominently feature Grilled or Smoked ingredients which you prepared.

I'm quite certain Ron meant that he or anyone else that would enter such a TD would finish it on the grill, which would technically qualify. But hey, what do I know? I just work here...:rolleyes:

"In an Island Way"
Put on your grass skirt and coconut shell bra and go native!
Cook with islandie ingredients.
For the sake of clarity, Austraila is a continent, but Tazmania is an island.
Extra points for anyone who knows the reference " In An Island Way" and no, it is not the cookbook!

I don't own a "sous vide" machine but Gore said he would let me borrow his "opti grill"
Could I use that instead? :rolleyes:

tumblr_mcqp06w59E1qe6j45_zpsrtubxgmh.gif

FWIW, I think as long as Ray uses Tranya with the OptiGrill we would relish it as much as Balok. :loco:

And using a griddle doesn't fit that, either!

And it was a joke :roll:
My post on immersion circulators was just a comment. I should have said something about an entry being finished over a grill.
I checked to make sure. According to Wikipedia, you can grill on griddle.
"Grilling usually involves a significant amount of direct, radiant heat, and tends to be used for cooking meat quickly. Food to be grilled is cooked on a grill (an open wire grid such as a gridiron with a heat source above or below), a grill pan (similar to a frying pan, but with raised ridges to mimic the wires of an open grill), or griddle (a flat plate heated from below)"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grilling

FWIW, I think as long as Ray uses Tranya with the OptiGrill we would relish it as much as Balok. :loco:

I had to google "Balok" to figure your whole post out. That led me to some Youtube videos. :shock:

I think you should change your name in your signature to "Balok: Purveyor of Fine Tranya". :thumb:

:laugh:

My post on immersion circulators was just a comment. I should have said something about an entry being finished over a grill.
I checked to make sure. According to Wikipedia, you can grill on griddle.
"Grilling usually involves a significant amount of direct, radiant heat, and tends to be used for cooking meat quickly. Food to be grilled is cooked on a grill (an open wire grid such as a gridiron with a heat source above or below), a grill pan (similar to a frying pan, but with raised ridges to mimic the wires of an open grill), or griddle (a flat plate heated from below)"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grilling

And wikipedia has such a great track record in the throw downs :becky:

What ya guys talking about? :gossip: :noidea:

We got nothing here for you, Ray. Move along, now...:arrow:

On another note, The Quorum has already begun convening. (That's right, with our Mod superpowers, we can be in more than one place at a time).

We are getting close to arriving at a final decision, and it's very possible the new category may be up as soon as tomorrow. :clap2:

In addition, this conversation has brought forth a whole new idea for the TD's I think all of you will be very excited about. Stay tuned...

Back in the 70's, I ran a snack bar at a bowling alley. When someone asked for something to be "grilled", they meant on the griddle. "Charbroiled" was what they asked for if the wanted the flavor of drippings hitting the fire in their food.

Back