THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The show is archived for those who missed it live. I had never listened to the show before....thanks for the heads up!

Seriously>? She deserves a lot more respect than that kind of crappy a$$ posted question.

She works as hard as anyone else on the circuit. I don't see anyone going around asking if Tuffy's going to get his testicles inflated with silicone or Myrons penis enlarged- but let a woman compete against the guys and of course its going to focus on more on her look versus her talents.

Give her some respect.

Yes, LeeAnn is attractive, and Diva is completely correct for her comments. River City Smokehouse needs to be penalized!

Good interview, like the show by the way. First time listener here, might be more often...

Yes, LeeAnn is attractive, and Diva is completely correct for her comments. River City Smokehouse needs to be penalized!

Hardly.

Get real, one of the reasons that makes her story so unique is the fact that she is an attractive woman and competing (very well) in male dominated competitions.

For the record, I think she's already a little bit on the top-heavy side.

kinda funny reading about LeAnne...forget that she is an attractive female and give her credit for kicking some butt in the BBQ world. no wonder she wants to be left alone.

Great show Greg!

A word on cold weather smoking, I'd rather have 20 below zero and calm than 70 and windy any day!
You talked about definitive seasons, we have 2 here. 9 months of winter and 3 months of relatives visiting and remarking how incredibly lucky you are to live in such a place... don't see them moving over though do we...? :biggrin:

Ballzy move asking Lee Ann the question about lower cut tops! And she has a sense of humor! Looks like cowgirl might have some competition... :wink::biggrin:

Do you have a podcast link to d/l the show? Fire me a link if ya' do plz!

hmmm, I must be the odd "woman" out on the Leeann topic....do you really think if she had a moustache as thick as Myron's, she would have been asked to be on the show ? I think if you're a pretty woman and it happens to garner some form of attention or perks, yeehaa.....I'd like to believe that george clooney gets the same consideration from waitresses in a restaurant. Somehow in seven years of competing I haven't heard any negative comments when I've won a call to the stage, the guys have been very congratulatory. If I'm having trouble backing up a trailer, I appreciate the offer for help. Anyone at Oinktoberfest will tell you I've had ALL kinds of help when i've needed it, but I didn't check someone's gender to decide whether to accept it. I just said thanks a lot ! To say that some or even most guys in bbq fail to give acknowledgement and credit when it's due is just plain reverse discrimination in my book. I do believe there are some woman in bbq that have a chip on their shoulder when it comes to "being in a man's world"......relax and enjoy it I say. And learn how to take a damn joke cause there's bound to be lots of em.....just make sure you have some good comebacks.....sheesh, maybe I HAVE been hangin with the guys waaay too long.

hmmm, I must be the odd "woman" out on the Leeann topic....do you really think if she had a moustache as thick as Myron's, she would have been asked to be on the show ? I think if you're a pretty woman and it happens to garner some form of attention or perks, yeehaa.....I'd like to believe that george clooney gets the same consideration from waitresses in a restaurant. Somehow in seven years of competing I haven't heard any negative comments when I've won a call to the stage, the guys have been very congratulatory. If I'm having trouble backing up a trailer, I appreciate the offer for help. Anyone at Oinktoberfest will tell you I've had ALL kinds of help when i've needed it, but I didn't check someone's gender to decide whether to accept it. I just said thanks a lot ! To say that some or even most guys in bbq fail to give acknowledgement and credit when it's due is just plain reverse discrimination in my book. I do believe there are some woman in bbq that have a chip on their shoulder when it comes to "being in a man's world"......relax and enjoy it I say. And learn how to take a damn joke cause there's bound to be lots of em.....just make sure you have some good comebacks.....sheesh, maybe I HAVE been hangin with the guys waaay too long.

Wow, you have a great attitude.

Back