Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Lake Placid, NY - July 4-6, 2008

Looks like many brethren got calls. Congtrats/

Rumple Pig Skin, lol that is a good one. i like it.

Looks like many brethren got calls. Congtrats/

Rumple Pig Skin, lol that is a good one. i like it.

Thanks, that was my first call. Talk about a shock! Now to get my second.

--Larry

Edit: I need to thank Andy and the Bastey Boys. Andy ran a backyard BBQ contest in my town almost 3 years ago, and I had so much fun I took his BBQ class last year.

Last edited:
Congrats to all who competed... what a wonderful weekend...80 degrees, 19 percent humidity...in a historic venue... the Olympic Speed Skating Oval... Eric Heiden .. 5 golds in 5 events.. the Miracle on ICE ..USA defeats USSR...made alot of good friends.. helped a good charity...Have pics but I'm a bit tired...it did happen, but I'm still tired...

Thanks Nancee and Greg for the great weekend cooking with you...Thanks also for David and Sandy.... Good BBQ to you!!!

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

Congrats to all Brethren !!

Muz - WTF is up with 24th place ? (Overall, Ribs & Brisket) ? :eek:

I think you've got a mutation of the dreaded Sledneck syndrome. This may be contagious and worse than the original.

yeah tell me about it.......

I am blaming it on the Guru........I knew having that much free time was gonna be a bad thing

then again maybe it was the fatgirl.......:eek::icon_shy

I am blaming it on the Guru........I knew having that much free time was gonna be a bad thing

It had nothing to do with those two quart vodka drinks you were salmin.:mrgreen:

i think it would be much nicer to refer to her as "muffintop" instead of "fatgirl" she only weighed 159

Great contest once again! While the judges hate my food, I will probably be back just cause I love the contest and the whole region up there...

Wanted to say some special thanks to Brendan and Julie from Transformer BBQ for picking my foundation as the recipient of the rib bet. I should also say thanks for the Harpoon IPA that he handed me along with the check!!!

and another pig thanks go out to Gary and Michelle from Lunchmeat BBQ for donating their winnings from the buck a bone (People's Choice).

Also, in our exchange program.... I brought in Chicago style Italian Beefs and some of our Italian Sausage from Chi-Town... By how quick it lasted, I would say that youse guys are starved of good eatings out there!!! :rolleyes: Just like I am starved of good beer...

Great seeing everyone again.

Scottie

really goes to show that picking that 1 hour window of sleep at the right time can save you years of nightmares.

discretion is the better part of valor

and it would have been more than 1 hour had friends not arrived late in the night bearing bottles of whiskey

lol

PS.....many thanks!

Anybody have contact info for the team "Butt Magicians?" I met them two years ago at Lake Placid and I didn't get thier number and/or email.... They are from the Rochester Area (Fairport) and I wanted to get in touch with them locally... PM me if you have any leads, or point them to me GR8BBQ at Rochester dot RR dot com.

Thanks, and congrats! Sorry I missed it this year!

I agree Scottie; it was another great event!!! The funny part was that the judges didn't hate our food...they just loved everyones'!!! As some know, we catered a big gig Friday so didn't get up there till real late. I think that and the demo probably did us in...but our helpers did good Friday night and we all had a blast. Sorry you will not be at Harpoon...I had told Lunchmeat all about those great Chicago hotdogs!!!
Good seeing you again
nancee

well, this is what I know... and it took me this long just to recover. That is getting harder and harder.

Midnight Grilling Challenge (chicken and NY strip) 26 teams competed
Grand - lunchmeat
Reserve - Dirty Dick & his Legless Wonders
3 - Good Smoke BBQ
4 - Oompappy
5 - Purple Turtle Catering Co.
6 - I Smell Smoke
7 - Rumple Pig Skin (I love that name too!)
8 - Qwannabee's
9 - The Bastey Boys
10 - T N T Dynamite BBQ

Buck A Bone (People's Choice)
1st - Yabba Dabba Que
2nd - lunchmeat
I'm sorry but I don't know the rest, maybe they'll chime in...

Y'all already got the BBQ scores in...

Transformer BBQ won the rib bet with first place ribs... awesome job Brendan and Julie - I'm guessing your charity is Cancer Sucks Chicago? Awesome choice!

This is, hands down, one of the best events in our area!
Thanks to Dmitry for a job well done... again.
Awesome to see everyone again, we had a blast and we'll be back next year!

AND... we're having Chicago beefs for supper, Scottie thanks for the lowdown on how ... yummy!
michelle

well, this is what I know... and it took me this long just to recover. That is getting harder and harder.

Midnight Grilling Challenge (chicken and NY strip) 26 teams competed
Grand - lunchmeat
Reserve - Dirty Dick & his Legless Wonders
3 - Good Smoke BBQ
4 - Oompappy
5 - Purple Turtle Catering Co.
6 - I Smell Smoke
7 - Rumple Pig Skin (I love that name too!)
8 - Qwannabee's
9 - The Bastey Boys
10 - T N T Dynamite BBQ

Buck A Bone (People's Choice)
1st - Yabba Dabba Que
2nd - lunchmeat
I'm sorry but I don't know the rest, maybe they'll chime in...

Y'all already got the BBQ scores in...

Transformer BBQ won the rib bet with first place ribs... awesome job Brendan and Julie - I'm guessing your charity is Cancer Sucks Chicago? Awesome choice!

This is, hands down, one of the best events in our area!
Thanks to Dmitry for a job well done... again.
Awesome to see everyone again, we had a blast and we'll be back next year!

AND... we're having Chicago beefs for supper, Scottie thanks for the lowdown on how ... yummy!
michelle

Third place buck a bone ME!

Ray Depot and Bobby Depot, third place Top Chef! I liked that, would have liked first place but thats what happens.

Back