THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just goes to show you that even bad publicity is good publicity. I had been thinking about going a different direction in purchasing a smoker. But after reading some of the comments of Klose smoker owners on this thread resulting from what appears to some as the faux concerns of a few about the impact the quality of his website was having on his business, I picked up the phone and talked to Dave. In one twenty minute call he changed my mind about what was the right course even though it will cost me more money.

So if the less than positive opinions by some on this thread will get Dave some more business, I doubt that if any shortcoming do exist with respect to his website, they will still bring him more business. Maybe he is concerned if he perfected the website he could not handle all the increase in business over what his reputation has already earned him! LOL

I ain't commentin on nothin, I have seen his knives!

My fav... he put a bowie to Bourdain's neck.

25f61kn.jpg

David is an easy guy to talk to. I was able to educate myself on his website after studying it for a week or so and then I asked for the free CD and other material through the mail. I learned a lot about a smoker that way, before I got enough courage to email with questions. I emailed 3 or 4 times, each time about 6:30 to 7:00 in the morning while in my office before work started. Each time I would get an immediate answer and it was from David himself! I knew absolutely nothing about a smoker, but he took the time to answer my questions. He is a take or leave it type of guy, he will never try to pressure you into making a decision. Believe me I looked at all the competitors and studied their pits and finally one day I called David and outright asked him why should I buy his pit over brand X? He began to matter of factly rattle off bullet point after bullet point of good objective reasons. There are a lot of good pit makers out there, but my decision was made on the service and patience that the Klose people gave me. I live in Alabama and I will be leaving on Friday to travel to Houston to pick my new Klose up.

congrats on the new pit..on your way back feel free 2 stop by tupelo here and get some rest while i admire (cough,cough unhitch,cough) that bad boy..8)..what size did you purchase by the way?

congrats on the new pit..on your way back feel free 2 stop by tupelo here and get some rest while i admire (cough,cough unhitch,cough) that bad boy..8)..what size did you purchase by the way?

Thanks! I got the Backyard 42 x 24 with 2 pull out shelves. Can't wait to get it back so I can cure it and do my first smoke!

Back