THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We met him a couple years ago at a class and he spent most of the time hanging out and just talking BBQ.

He didn't care what you were cooking on as long as you were having a good time doing it. He especially enjoyed the big ass drums my friend Larin had built and took pics on his phone and sent them to Rocky at Big Drum Smoker.

IMG_0314.jpg

He also straightened out my teammate Ty on the value of the used custom Klose he had his eyes on and the cost of building him a new one. It was that kind of honesty that swayed Ty to make the decision he'll never regret.

IMG_2928.jpg

IMG_3982.jpg

Ty orders Rubs from David and never has a problem getting hold of him.

Many of you here may know Dave Klose, Ben Lang, etc. and you know they are great guys, that'll do anything in the world for you...... but most potential customers do not, including myself. We just hit the websites, looking for solid info, well written, user friendly, with photos and pricing. Every day that goes by, more and more people use websites as opposed to "buying in person or picking up a phone and calling".

Sorry, we live in the world of DOT COMS.

I was just stating that their "electronic storefront" really needs attention. Come to find out, the link I was using was old and outdated. My mistake. "Thanks" to the poster who gave me the good link - certainly better.
Again, I didn't mean any disrespect. I'm just "the average joe" in the market for a pit and using the internet (not telephones) to do my research.

I appreciate everyone taking the time to comment on this post.

Many of you here may know Dave Klose, Ben Lang, etc. and you know they are great guys, that'll do anything in the world for you...... but most potential customers do not, including myself. We just hit the websites, looking for solid info, well written, user friendly, with photos and pricing. Every day that goes by, more and more people use websites as opposed to "buying in person or picking up a phone and calling".

Sorry, we live in the world of DOT COMS.

I was just stating that their "electronic storefront" really needs attention. Come to find out, the link I was using was old and outdated. My mistake. "Thanks" to the poster who gave me the good link - certainly better.
Again, I didn't mean any disrespect. I'm just "the average joe" in the market for a pit and using the internet (not telephones) to do my research.

I appreciate everyone taking the time to comment on this post.

I could not agree more. :thumb:

I think the site is very informative. You click on the type of smoker you want and then narrow it down by size. And he prices out all the options. When I was looking, I even emailed him about any used pits. He has customers wanting to upgrade and he will refurb the used ones as well.

I think the site is very informative. You click on the type of smoker you want and then narrow it down by size. And he prices out all the options. When I was looking, I even emailed him about any used pits. He has customers wanting to upgrade and he will refurb the used ones as well.

The Lang site, right? The Klose site takes you to a 18.98MB, 185 page, PDF file.

Hmmm, Okay give me a link to where you click on the type of smoker you want and then narrow it down by size, not the 185 page PDF file. And show me the prices for the pits.

Hmmm, Okay give me a link to where you click on the type of smoker you want and then narrow it down by size, not the 185 page PDF file. And show me the prices for the pits.

If you click on the link he gave then click on backyard smokers in the middle of the page you can narrow them down by size and it has pricing and such as he stated.

The link doesn't change so I can't send you straight there. You will see what I mean.

If you click on the link he gave then click on backyard smokers in the middle of the page you can narrow them down by size and it has pricing and such as he stated.

The link doesn't change so I can't send you straight there. You will see what I mean.

That's it. It's been that way for years.

Okay I did that and I get this:

Backyard BBQSmokers
Free Catalog of Backyard BBQ Smokers-Click Here
Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader to View-Click Here for Free Reader
If your Computer will not download the free BBQ Catalogs or
the free Acrobat Reader call Dave Klose at 1-713-818-2263
Some New Smokers in stock Now 04-01-2010
Used Backyard BBQ Smokers for Sale
New Model Square Smokers for 2009-In Stock All Year Long
20x36 New Square Smoker
20x36 New Square Smoker with SS Doors & Tables
20x36 New Square Smoker-Solid Stainless Steel
The New 20x36 Square Backyard Chef w/ SS Doors
The Solid Stainless Steel Square Backyard Chef
Klose Small Uprights with Firebox Attached
20x20 Upright with 20x20 Firebox-Backyard Chef Jr.
The Combo Backyard Chef Jr. with 20x36 Steak Grill
Heavy Duty New Pipe Smokers with Firebox
20x30 Klose Heavy Duty Pipe Smoker
20x36 Klose Heavy Duty Pipe Smoker
20x42 Klose Heavy Duty Pipe Smoker
20x48 Klose Heavy Duty Pipe Smoker
20X54 Klose Heavy Duty Pipe Smoker
20x60 Klose Heavy Duty Pipe Smoker
20x60 Heavy Smoker with the Firebox in the Center
Huge 24x42 One Door, Two Row Pullouts Pipe Smoker
Huge 24x48 Klose Heavy Duty Pipe Smoker
Huge 24x60 Klose Heavy Duty Pipe Smoker
Owners Picks for the Highest Quality Smokers in the World
20 x 42 Deluxe Grill Chef Smoker-Highest Quality Smoker in The World Today
20x54 Extended Deluxe Grill Chef Smoker-Absolutely Beautiful
Deep Set 20x54 Backyard Grill Master w/Rotisserie & Swing Set
20X42 Master Chef-Highest Quality in the World Today
The Extended 20x60 Master Chef for added Capacity Smoking
Combination Heavy Pipe Smokers with Grills Attached
The Cooks & Chefs 20x36 Combo Smoker & 20x36 Steak Grill
The Extended 20x42 Cooks & Chefs Combo Smoker & 20x42 Steak Grill
The Huge Cooks & Chefs 24x48 Combo Smoker with 24x48 Steak Grill
The Backyard Chef Family of Heavy Pipe Smokers
The Famous 20x40 Backyard Chef Model
The Convection Backyard Chef
The 20x50 Backyard Chef Model
The 20x60 Backyard Chef Model
The Caterer's Combo-A Backyard Chef with an adjustable 20x36 Grill
The Extended Caterer's Combo 20x60 Backyard Chef w/ Steak Grill Added

I'm not saying it is easy or convenient but it is all there. These guys are metal workers and truely artists. I doubt a mediocre website effects their revenue very much.

Back