Kick the tires, and light the Fires! Aug 04/2007

Name already used

Sorry for the bad news Country,
But Rollin' Smoke is already being used. That is a team from up in Watsonville, Ca.

I tell ya if Niki and I can ever get the money to move us both back to the Sacramento area, its nice to know I can and will get into competing on the West Coast . Everything now comes down to the right time and the money at this point, oh yea and me being able to find work out there as well. I told her if we went back I was buying a Lang Model 84 Deluxe to bring with me. LOL

So Big Country will be operating under the team name of...

drumroll please

Rollin' Smoke

Nice. I'm bored with most of the BBQ team names. The word play is more fun.

My daughter and I are in Indian Princesses together. Some of the dad's have pretty good indian names:
  • Talkin' Bull
  • Breaking Wind
  • Running Tab

Apparently "Rollin Smoke" won't be me!! I want to use the double barrell, but I'm hitting up my buddies trying to find a small trailer that I could load it on. It's on wheels, so it'll roll up on a trailer. I don't know that I can actually lift it to get it in my truck (damn that 8" lift!).

Will "Rollin Smoke" be using the cooking vessel in the Country HB avatar?

Well, let's start off by saying there's 17 fire bricks in it. I suppose I could take them out, but then what would I have to complain about?

Well, let's start off by saying there's 17 fire bricks in it. I suppose I could take them out, but then what would I have to complain about?
Hey Country, I'll bet we can get the D/B in the truck no problem even if we had to roll it down to the end of the alley to get the tailgate down low, then we could just roll her in. Also Ben and I each have single motorycycle ramps we could use as well. I am still trying to find out if I can make this, should know by tonight. I dont want to miss this, its a great chance to learn the ropes.

ps: Awesome team name :mrgreen:

Cool. I'm locked on taking that Farker, no matter what lengths I have to go to!

That settles it...Smoke You Out is it!!

So HBBBQ, when do we get invited dow to HB to play with the Backwoods?:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Most of these people are CBBQA and jumped right in, if you wanted to judge sorry you did not act sooner...OK...We are good to go with judges right now.

The Confrimed judges for the Kick the Tires and Light the Fires are:
Linda Burke
Kelly MacIntosh (2nd Backard)
Ann Hoeppner
Dan Drogichen
Steve Madaule
Vince Madaule
Janelle Garchie (2nd Backyard)
Peter Garchie (2nd Backyard)
Dave Malone( 2nd Backyard)
Jim Kostelecky

We are at 9 confrimed teams so far, I see we are only taking 12 so if we get to the 12 limit we will need more judges. If you would like to be a reserve or an alternate, please post here or send me a private email. We will know more as we get closer.

Back