Kcbs

Dont understand the dues revenue.. If 20000 members less 1500 lifetime that should mean 18,500 dues paying members.. $326,000 in dues revenue.

Even if all were family members at $55 at 2 members per family it would be over 500,000
How does that work ?

Clearly they have a lot of their assets in the building. Cash is the question. need to figure out impact of Sams withdrawal

Clearly they have a lot of their assets in the building. Cash is the question. need to figure out impact of Sams withdrawal

It would have an impact on there not being income from sanctioning fee's.

Biggest thing is prolly the MMA splitting ways, there had to be money changing hands there one way or the other. At the Sam's Club events our checks came from MMA.

It would have an impact on there not being income from sanctioning fee's.

Biggest thing is prolly the MMA splitting ways, there had to be money changing hands there one way or the other. At the Sam's Club events our checks came from MMA.

Digging down into section VIII and IX ..

THere is an 80,000 income item called tour sponsorship..

Hope that is something other than Sponsorship from the Sams tour.
If so wont be there this year.. Further a number of events will not be held
decreasing the net revenue from sanctioning the events. This may have been all balled up in the MMA checks.

Hopefully that is the income from McCormick GrillMates for the "Great American Cookout tour".

You know if KCBS was a little more open with their doings instead of all the closed session stuff, I think this whole situation would have been handled a lot better to start with.

Hopefully that is the income from McCormick GrillMates for the "Great American Cookout tour".

You know if KCBS was a little more open with their doings instead of all the closed session stuff, I think this whole situation would have been handled a lot better to start with.

Based on past history, there are probably three revenue streams from MMA. Merchandise which has historically been negligible. The Cookout Tour, and Sam's Club. With the latter, I don't know what the most recent structure and and financials look like. There have been several changes over time. Organizers are no longer used. Troy Black picked that job up, along with his existing duties. Troy was replaced by Mike Lake, and he was followed by Mr. McDearman. I have no idea if structure and/or compensation changed.

I'm sure someone will figure it out when the '17 990 is available.

Have you seen any recent financial statements ? Are they available to membership? Are they really in financial trouble? Or is this speculation.
Just looking for the facts..

Based on the info presented here. So speculation.
If they cut payouts midway through the year as they are accused it indicates financial trouble and if that is the case its concerning. Very concerning. I was just saying there are many routes that could remedy the situation. If there is one. Thats it.

I’ve pretty much kept quite since my failed attempt for BOD last year but this is just a continuation of the problems I tried to expose. KCBS has been on an implosion course for awhile and purchasing that big building accelerated the fuse. Whoever championed that struck the match. Nothing in KCBS changes until there is a new Executive Director who can lead the Organization in a new direction.

The Queen micromanages every aspect of KCBS, each chair gets his/her marching orders and I've not seen anyone last that disagrees with her highness.
Ed

So inquiring minds and members want to know.....Did all you top 25 TOY members get an invitation to a private call in session with the BOD?

Well what is interesting is that the Board has not communicated the 2018 payouts (or not) for TOY yet. I realized that we are only in January of the new season, and hopefully the subject will be on the February board agenda, and communication to the teams will follow shortly thereafter. Acknowledging your mistakes and then promptly repeating them is not cool. Welcome to the new year.

I am a local KC member, lifetime. I compete. I get the Bullsheet every month, follow KCBS on social media, etc. The banquet was never on my mind. I seriously had no idea it was this past weekend until I saw people posting on Facebook.

A little bit of communication from KCBS or advertising would go a long way. Seriously, a simple facebook reminder or email sent out last week, and I would have likely attended.

We considered flying out this year but it took me 10 minutes of diligent searching to even find the banquet on the website.

KCBS needs to step back and look at how they present themselves on social media. If you look at the KCBS page on Facebook what do you see? That horrible letter to the membership and 2 raw live stream videos. The live stream videos are great in the short term but they should be edited to highlights and some context placed around them for people who don't know what KCBS is.

That response letter about TOY should have never been public or on social media, it should have been emailed to each member.

My guess is that the top tier TOY candidates already have enough of a social/public presence and don't particularly care about the BOD's involvement.

KCBS should be posting and doing press releases touting the size of TOY and promoting the winners. They should be doing the same for every large contest. Take a page from NASCAR, WFC and other public centric organizations and plaster faces everywhere. Manufacture their own celebrities.

Further KCBS should be live streaming as many award ceremonies as possible during the season.

From my perspective after reading all of the posts and then reading the boards response, by the way they posted on Facebook, not considering that not all members use Facebook but now I see it is also on the KCBS homepage in the sidebar. Sorry, off my Facebook rant and back on topic now.

First and foremost they should issue payments to all recipients to reflect the payout of the previous year as precedence was set.

Secondly, when they announce that they have done this they should make an announcement what the TOY payouts will be in 2018 and announce if these are the set numbers for the years to come or if the payout will be revisited every year and if that is the case a timeline should be established for the announcement of the TOY payout.

Reading between the lines where they make mention of not promoting the teams with as much social or public promotion as we should have basically says to me that the monetary amount will remain reduced but they will give mention of you, probably on Facebook more often and use your pictures to promote their agenda.

We considered flying out this year but it took me 10 minutes of diligent searching to even find the banquet on the website.

KCBS needs to step back and look at how they present themselves on social media. If you look at the KCBS page on Facebook what do you see? That horrible letter to the membership and 2 raw live stream videos. The live stream videos are great in the short term but they should be edited to highlights and some context placed around them for people who don't know what KCBS is.

That response letter about TOY should have never been public or on social media, it should have been emailed to each member.

KCBS should be posting and doing press releases touting the size of TOY and promoting the winners. They should be doing the same for every large contest. Take a page from NASCAR, WFC and other public centric organizations and plaster faces everywhere. Manufacture their own celebrities.

Further KCBS should be live streaming as many award ceremonies as possible during the season.

These are great ideas. Especially live streaming awards.

Any chance you will run for a position on the BOD in the future? You got my vote if you do.

I've decided that I should no longer care about this. There are more KCBS contests in Austria this year than all of Texas. Austria is 1/8th the size.

I've decided that I should no longer care about this. There are more KCBS contests in Austria this year than all of Texas. Austria is 1/8th the size.

youll-be-back.jpg

Back