Kcbs

gettinbasted

is Blowin Smoke!
Huge congrats to Travis Clark on his big year! I don’t want to overshadow his accomplishments, but this has to be mentioned.

The KCBS board, in a closed session during the middle of the season, decided to half the team of the year payments. Nobody found out until we picked up our checks on stage. I get that most of the membership are unaffected by this decision. For me it’s more the point and execution than it is the money.

Huge congrats to Travis Clark on his big year! I don’t want to overshadow his accomplishments, but this has to be mentioned.

The KCBS board, in a closed session during the middle of the season, decided to half the team of the year payments. Nobody found out until we picked up our checks on stage. I get that most of the membership are unaffected by this decision. For me it’s more the point and execution than it is the money.
Were rep payments similarly cut?:wacko:

That building must be a real money pit.

They have changed rules all year, as it progressed. Use to be that all the rules were made before the year started, shame to see for all those that it affected.

It's very disappointing when a rules sanctioning body changes the game in mid season. Hypocrisy defined?

Truthfully never knew you got money for the TOY race. For me I don't compete enough to be in the running.

As a member though this is concerning. My question would be why was this done? I would imagine there was reason. Right or wrong I can't say. Not enough information for me to say. I think we as members need to demand an explanation.

Were funds mishandled? What happened to require this change? Why were members not notified with an explanation?

I think what's really sad is the low attendance of KC people to support KCBS at the banquet. Numbers have been considerably better when held in the SE.

I think that any contest, be it a 1 off bbq cook, or a year long points chase, should have the prizes clearly published before the contest begins, and no changes should happen in the middle. It's just too sketchy.

Back