KCBS at it again!!

That is correct. The exact same as when I was a member! Read some of my other posts, at no time did KCBS ever acknowledge even one of my contacts with them. I can get that same level of service as a non-member, would you not agree?

Bent,

I am with Jorge on this one. It is sort of like complaining about the outcome of the presidential election and not voting. In the general election the requirement is to register then vote. In KCBS you must pay, register and vote.

Easy Peasy:biggrin:

Now go hug your bag of tree turds :tongue:

Bent,

I am with Jorge on this one. It is sort of like complaining about the outcome of the presidential election and not voting. In the general election the requirement is to register then vote. In KCBS you must pay, register and vote.

Easy Peasy:biggrin:

Now go hug your bag of tree turds :tongue:

And I live in the greatest Country in the World and it is my right to be able to!

You forget, I compete in KCBS events. Am I going to put my opinions out there. Better believe it. Will see what happens in the next few years with KCBS, like I said, never is a long time!

Might I suggest that sometimes it the delivery of the person voicing their opinion and not the people listening that makes it hard to get stuff done.

Might I suggest that sometimes it the delivery of the person voicing their opinion and not the people listening that makes it hard to get stuff done.

Not sure I understand what you mean.

Are you saying, if you dont deliver your message to the Society the way they like or you are not liked by KCBS or a "good ole boy", you get ignored?

You maybe right.

If you are, even more of a reason I do not want to be part of a group like that. They place personalities above principles...I want to associate with the orgainization that takes the opposite approach!

Last edited:
Admin warning. Points been made. Lets leave it at that before this thread takes a bad turn. Talk constructively, don't start pissin on shoes, or leave the thread.

That is correct. The exact same as when I was a member! Read some of my other posts, at no time did KCBS ever acknowledge even one of my contacts with them. I can get that same level of service as a non-member, would you not agree?

Bentley
You and I both know that in 04 KCBS acknowledged your contact with them.

Bentley
You and I both know that in 04 KCBS acknowledged your contact with them.

No Jim you are wrong.

If you are refering to the incident at Modesto, they sent me a letter about my behavior at the contest. I never contacted them, for that matter they never contacted me to ask my side of that incident, they just listen to second hand spectulation and made a ruling, another reason I have no respect for the orgainization.. Thanks for reminding me of that. That had nothing to do with them ever contacting me regarding emails sent to them.

I am not going to regret my past Jim. I try and acknowledge my mistakes and move on.

Since it seems like you want to say something aboout 2004, why dont you Jim, you have my permission to tell what you think happened then. By the way, were you there? Were you a BoD member then?

I think Bentley needs a group hug

OK... Now you are messing with me... You have no Avatar now? I was figuring a J-E-T-S, Jets Jets Jets.... I bet Bill has a bad case of indigestion today.

OK, sorry... Back on topic..

Group hug....

No Jim you are wrong.

If you are refering to the incident at Modesto, they sent me a letter about my behavior at the contest. I never contacted them, for that matter they never contacted me to ask my side of that incident, they just listen to second hand spectulation and made a ruling, another reason I have no respect for the orgainization.. Thanks for reminding me of that. That had nothing to do with them ever contacting me regarding emails sent to them.

I am not going to regret my past Jim. I try and acknowledge my mistakes and move on.

Since it seems like you want to say something aboout 2004, why dont you Jim, you have my permission to tell what you think happened then. By the way, were you there? Were you a BoD member then?

I was in Hunstville AL Rep'n with Carolyn Wells when the call came in and she asked me how I thought the situation should be handled, based on the information the Rep on CA reported. At the time I did not even know it was you they were talking about.

Based on the information we had I said the team needed to be DQ and removed from the competition. That was passed onto the Rep in CA and you know better than I how they delt with it.

I was then informed later on the steps you took. KCBS decided your actions to remedy the situation were good enough that Board felt they did not take the step to ban your team from competing (could have been up to a two year ban).

If you feel it was the wrong way to handle it that is your right.

If you feel it was the wrong way to handle it that is your right.

Making a decision based on someone elses account of what happened, without even asking the person involved their side of the story, or whether that account was true or not?

Yes, I would say it was handled wrong.

Did you ever consider asking me what happen Jim? Did anyone from KCBS ask my side of the story?

No, because the reps were not present when the incident took place. It happened on Friday night. Was any action taken on Friday night, no. I wonder what information the reps of the contest passed on to you? Did they advise you they were not present when the incident took place? Did you bother to ask that question?

Yes, my team was DQed, but that happen to come 12 hours later, 15 minutes before the 1st turn in! When were you called Jim? Friday or Saturday. If it was Saturday when was it? If it was on Friday, why did the reps wait so long to DQ the team?

Since you were a KCBS BoD at the time, maybe you can answer all the questions no one seemed to want to address at the time.

I am pretty sure most of the Brethren think I am a Drama Queen, so I will drop this, I just dont like partial pictures being given to the crowd.

Last edited:
Making a decision based on someone elses account of what happened, without even asking the person involved their side of the story, or whether that account was true or not?

Yes, I would say it was handled wrong.

Did you ever consider asking me what happen Jim? Did anyone from KCBS ask my side of the story?

I'm not sure of whats going on here, but there is obvious history behind this stuff, and to avoid anyones dirty laundry from being aired, Id suggest this may be better suited to be taken offline/PM.

When Carol was elected, I asked Merl directly about how he felt about the two of them serving together. I will admit that it did seem a little weird to me that they were both on the BOD. I was probably thinking of conflict of interest and all that. Merl's direct answer to my direct question was satisfactory. The short version of a much longer discussion was that they don't always agree. Being married myself, I know how that is. My wife and I don't always see things the same way. When it comes to political parties and national US government elections, we cancel each other out.

I feel I did what a lot of people should be doing: talk to Merl and Carol and ask them the hard question. Once you've done that, then judge for yourself. I personally don't have a problem with it.

Yes, many folks I talk to would like to see more regional representation for ALL areas of the country and make our Society less Kansas City-centric.

From my count, and I could be missing someone here, there are only three BOD members from the KC area: Rod, Paul, and Ed. All of the other members are spread out across the Midwest, South, and NorthEast.

Most of us in KC don't think KCBS has been KC centric for at least a couple of years now. Hopefully, after the banquet starts moving out of KC, people will start to see that the only thing KC about KCBS is the first two letters of the name.

I am FOR a nationwide society. I am AGAINST representation by region similar to the US Senate. I say leave it as it is and let the best person win no matter where they are from. I voted for three NE candidates last year and only one from my "area". I could have put all of my votes in Midwest candidates, but I didn't. I want choices, not limited choices because we have some demographic based affirmative action.

I thought when they say regional representatives, they were looking aside from the board. To regionalize into 6-9-12?( however many regions), have ONE regional contact and that person be the voicebox TO he board. Anyway, thats topic for new thread. We can spilt it anyone want to discuss it.

When Carol was elected, I asked Merl directly about how he felt about the two of them serving together. I will admit that it did seem a little weird to me that they were both on the BOD. I was probably thinking of conflict of interest and all that. Merl's direct answer to my direct question was satisfactory. The short version of a much longer discussion was that they don't always agree. Being married myself, I know how that is. My wife and I don't always see things the same way. When it comes to political parties and national US government elections, we cancel each other out.

I feel I did what a lot of people should be doing: talk to Merl and Carol and ask them the hard question. Once you've done that, then judge for yourself. I personally don't have a problem with it.

Thank you Todd, You have been around Carol and I on many occasions. Although many votes are just a voice count, Carol does not go along with my views many times, and is out spoken if she does not agree with me.

I appreciate that your votes have been for a person who brings skills to the table.
Carol is the executive director of a Boy Scouts of America Council and has expertise in non-profit administration.
I am an attorney and have expertise in legal matters, with 30 years experience of serving non for profit boards.

In addition we both Cook, Rep, Teach and most importantly we value the friendships we have attained through KCBS.

Thank you for your trust and confidence. I will do my best to earn and maintain it in future, as well.

Yours in Barbeque
Merl Whitebook

Back